Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So much fun that comes with Christmas!

This is my favorite time of year. I love all the fun activities, traditions, and the joy and excitement that is so contagious from your kids.
Here is some more fun that we had in December:

Making fudge with Daddy....





Always a must to lick the spoon....


More Christmas crafts. Most everyday she said she wanted to paint....













....Kaylee got to enjoy a fun night out with Memaw and Auntie to see a Christmas show....
....this year we had fun playing and singing Christmas songs. I can actually still read some music from the easy books from my piano days as a kid, so the girls loved when I would play and we would sing Christmas songs. Kaylee got familiar with what songs were on a particular page and would often sit and play, as best as she could, and sing along. This is the first year she really remembered Christmas songs and could sing them by herself. It was cute to listen in from around the corner. She would only do it when I was in the other room. :)


Here we are putting together the magic reindeer food for the BIG night....






...making our annual gingerbread house with Auntie....










...coloring wooden Santas from Auntie...














Always a must to have fun Christmas clothes to wear for every activity. I love how this was my skirt that my Grandma made for me as a little girl. I used to LOVE to twirl in this skirt. My sister also just found her matching skirt that she had saved, so next year both girls will have one to wear.


...and of course the daily tree and ornament inspections. Both girls loved the tree. I would laugh that as the month went on we got a bigger and bigger collection of ornaments on that one spot right below where the girls are standing in this picture, and then other spots were starting to look bare. Lex would love to pull the ornaments off the tree and give them to Kaylee to hang back on the tree and this was the spot she usually chose. I can't complain. Not one night did I ever find any ornaments laying on the ground around the house. That is amazing with how many Lex pulled down. Kaylee was a great help and would always put them right back on. And what is even more amazing is that we only had 3 broken ornaments the whole season. Two were really old and I just threw away, and the other was easily fixed with the glue gun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...