Monday, July 11, 2016

Prescott



Each year we look forward to our yearly Prescott trip.  Sometimes it falls on 4th of July and sometimes not.  Sometimes we stay the night, and sometimes we don't.  We usually go off the Rodeo Parade or Kiddie Parade of when we go.  This year Ryan worked the Saturday of the main parade so we went up for the Friday Kiddie Parade.  We actually went up on Jun 30th and then spent the night and the kiddie parade was Friday morning July 1.  Personally I think the parade for me has just become an excuse to go to cooler weather, green, a historic town at 4th of July, green, cooler, not brown.....did I say green and cooler??  Just sayin!
I remember we did the kiddie parade a couple years back and it was nice because it was shorter and that is perfect for the kids...and us!  This year it was really short because we took a little too long with breakfast, and we forgot that this parade was shorter so when we got out there it only had about 10 min left.  Ooops!  More time to enjoy the green grass and cooler weather of Prescott.  When in Phoenix this time of year we usually hover around 105-110 degrees, 70's, 80's, and even low 90's seem wonderful!  This year we stayed at the Historic Hotel St Michael.  It has a great downtown location and our room overlooked the courthouse square.  It was fun staying in an old hotel but the elevator was the original so it was a little harder to get into and small.  It had a door you had to pull open to get in so it made it harder with a stroller.  I still liked it because it was old and I like that sort of thing.



Getting ready that morning and enjoying a patriotic breakfast.  We had some red, white, and blue Rice Krispies left over from making our patriotic Rice Krispies treats.  



Nathan all ready!

On our way!


We stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel on the way in






After we checked into the hotel we went to enjoy the green and beautiful weather.






Love this Gazebo!  I think it said it was built in 1911?  Give or take a few years bc my memory stinks!










Oh how summer should be!


Nathan loved all the grass






Crazy to think that this is already his 2nd 4th of July!


Sweet Nathan!


The brick building on the left was our hotel








Sweet kids!


The Parade!





Wouldn't be the parade without our Old Navy Flag tees!


My Sister, niece, nephew, and Mom joined us





Memaw with the grandkids



After the parade we went to my next favorite part of the trip besides the cooler weather.  Mt Vernon Ave to look at the victorian houses.  I would love to live in a house on that street or just a victorian for that matter.  :)  We often just drive up and down the street a few times but this year I was able to talk everyone into walking up and down the street with me.  It was so much nicer to just stop and gaze at the houses and take them all in instead of trying to go slow down the street and hold up a whole line of cars.  This street may not be exciting to some people but when I am used to brown, hot, and boring stucco houses, green and charm seem wonderful!  I think I was born in the wrong city.  

I love all the bunt flags that people put out for the 4th.  So small town Americana!  We have a small porch and put out a bunt flag but we are about the only one in our neighborhood. :( 


I hope it is not wrong to post pictures of people's houses??  Love the 3 story!  Not something you see in AZ very much.


I want that porch!


Love all the white fences and tree lined streets....and green!




I think I could have stayed there all day but everyone else was getting hungry....party poopers.  

Amanda, Maggie, and Asher



At lunch!


Don't smile Buddy!





Poor Nathan was so tired after not getting a morning nap.  Finally passed out in the stroller after lunch.
Still out for ice cream



I think Nolan wore more of it then ate it!


It was a good thing his jacket and shorts were blue!



So much fun and on our way home!
**A few cute things Buddy said on the trip.  
1. He called the hotel the "show in tell".  He keeps saying "I want to go back to the show in tell."  Love it!
2.  He loves all things 3, well, because he is 3, and he always wants to listen to CD 3, song 3 in the car.  But instead of saying CD 3 he says "season 3".  Those are the cute things I want to remember!


It was another fun Prescott trip.  Hopefully one of these days we will just move there!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...