Thursday, July 14, 2016

4th of July... Day and Party

This year on July 4th we had fun with family and friends at a BBQ at our house.  I have recently been enjoying being off my dairy free, practically food free, diet so I ate entirely way too much onion dip and artichoke dip....but that is what holidays are for.  :)  We started the day before getting a few things ready:


Kaylee made some patriotic cupcakes.  I love how she is becoming such a great baker in the kitchen. :)  Girl after my own heart!  
She took a regular box of white cake mix.
When the cupcakes were cooled she took some strawberry jello and just added the boiling water.  Then she took a chop stick to poke about 6-7 holes half way down in the top of each cupcake and spooned the jello water on top so it could soak in the holes.  Then the cupcakes were put in the fridge overnight.  
The next day she added cool whip, blueberries and patriotic sprinkles.




I had fun making white chocolate dipped pretzel rods.  I just drizzled the white chocolate over one side of the pretzel and then added red, white, and blue m&m's and sprinkles.

I put together these fun bags to hand out to the kids before fireworks:


The morning of the 4th was started off with Flag Pole Pancakes:

Then everyone got in their patriotic wear:

Now it was time for the kid holiday picture.  I am sure no one else with a 3 year old boy has ever had this happen, but when the camera comes out mine loves to give as much of a glare as he can muster.  Ha ha, wink wink!

Well, I noticed Nolan slowly starting to try and hold back a smile:



He is trying real hard now:

And he just couldn't help himself anymore!  We have a smile!  

Followed by continuous laughter from all of them!  I could have just posted the picture above but I thought it was way more fun to show the real life process.  Now I knew Ryan was trying to help out and get everyone to look and smile but I had no idea what he was doing......  


Wow babe, you make me proud....but we got a great picture!  Love you!

Okay back to food and party stuff:

Mini cookie cups with vanilla frosting and sprinkles.  Because for some reason we thought we might not have enough dessert???  These are super easy and have done these in the past.  They are just a roll of Pillsberry cookie dough that I cut in to 24 sections and put in a well sprayed mini muffin tin.  When they bake they make a little cup....perfect for vanilla frosting or any frosting really.  I just piped it on to make it more fancy and then added sprinkles.   





Then because no 4th of July exists in our house without Flag Cake that was next on the list:

Kaylee reading Nolan The Night Before Fourth of July:


Time for party set up:

I love all the little details that make a party look extra cute and fun!  Everything was really simple but it adds so much.

I picked up some glow sticks and sparklers for the kids:










Our drink station:

Patriotic Lemonade:  I just picked up some organic lemonade from Costco, my juicer cord got fried the other day...kids :).....and it has not been replaced yet so making my own was out, but I mashed up some strawberries in it and then floated more strawberries and blueberries on top.


Patriotic Italian Sodas.....yes I see the irony.  These were super yummy and a big hit with the kids....and adults.




Daddy-O of the Patio!


Ryan was so nice to grill for us in the horrible heat


Nolan and Fable


Aphton, Kaylee, and Piper


Sparkler time and then it was off to watch fireworks:










At fireworks...
Poor Nolan got so scared and held his ears the whole time.



Goodnight America and Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...