Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!!!!

Wow!  Can't believe it is 2016!!  Ryan and the girls and I were talking and we could not believe it had been 1 year since our last year New Year's Eve celebration.  It seems like that was just a few months ago.  I know it was a baby year but wow that went fast!  We remember last year saying that at this time next year we will have a 6 month old and now here we are!  
I had meant to do this post a few days ago but every time I would sit down at the computer I would find myself looking at old pictures on the computer and reminiscing from years past and then it would get too late or I would just be too tired.  I am one of those that does not like Christmas to be over and I like to hold on to it and the season as long as possible until after New Years.   I did manage to put most the decorations on the dining room table yesterday but our tree is still up and decorated, and the little trees in Ryan and mine and the girls rooms are still up.  I did manage to pack up one and a half bins so far between the last few days, I think I still have 4 to go, most of the time while still listening to Christmas music.  :)  I kind of slowly have to fade it out.  I love how I still hear Alexa and Nolan singing Christmas songs and last night at bedtime Nolan still requested Frosty the Snowman.  I always feel that kind of let down feeling when it is all over so it has been fun to look back at old pictures and fun family memories.  Fun to see where we were, and where we are now, and how we have grown!  It reminds me I am thankful I have still held on to this blog.  I know it has not been easy most the time especially since having 3 and 4.  I know blogs have fazed out for a lot of people but I love the memories my kids and Ryan and I will have someday.  I realized when looking back yesterday that I used to journal so much more and my posts now are often a one or two line and upload the pictures as fast as possible so I can be done.  Hey, I figure as a busy Mom of 4 that is about as best as I can do most days and I am just glad to post something.  We will still have the memories in the future and I will try to be better about journaling more later because I know that is fun to look back on.  So here is to another year of keeping the blog going!

Happy 2016 to anyone who still looks at it besides me!!  :)


Getting ready for New Years Eve.  This year was just going to be our family and Memaw!  Was still full of family fun, good food, games, and fireworks.













We did a "mock" New Years countdown at 8pm before putting the boys to bed.  Nolan and the girls loved it!  We said be as loud as you want now because even if the girls were to make it to midnight we would have to be quiet  to not wake up the boys.  Poor Nathan did not like the horns blowing and started to cry. :(  He bounced back real fast.











Getting the first round of fireworks together.  We broke it into 3 rounds throughout the rest of the evening.  It is really fun because our neighbors across the street and next door also do several rounds of fireworks throughout the night.   A few times we all ended up outside together so we got to see a good show!

We played a few games of CLUE in between going outside





Watching fireworks!

Sparklers!






The girls did make it until midnight this year.  We had them get their pjs on before the ball dropped and then was right to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...