Sunday, January 17, 2016

Growing Up

Hard to believe that this one who made me a mama first is about ready to turn 10!





No wonder I feel tired, I have been in the pregnancy or baby phase on and off for 10 years now!  Anyway back to Kaylee, she has definitely gone from being a little kid to so much more grown up.  She has definitely wanted her independence more this last year and has not been in to all the little kid stuff so much anymore.  I have to say she is still a trooper and a great help with the younger ones even on the more little kid activities.  The doll house was recently passed on from her room to Alexa's.  She had not really played with it in awhile and I think had been ready to pass it on for a long time....I just don't think Mom was ready.  Finally one day she just carried it to Alexa's room.  Alexa was sure ready to have it!  Last birthday we updated her room.....she had still had the same decor from her big girl room when she turned 3.  This year she wants a desk for her room to go where the doll house was.
Yesterday morning it was just me and her on a Target shopping trip.  We actually had time to walk through the girls clothes and look....2 younger brothers don't allow for leisurely looking though any clothes section....you got to be in and out with them!  So we passed by the section with the Valentine's shirts and for the first time refused the right to get a holiday shirt.  All I could think was WHAT??? ARE WE REALLY HERE??  She kind of went, "I really don't wear them  much anymore."  I just smiled on the outside and said "okay, if you really don't want one."  Now, this may not be a big deal to some people, but I have always kind of been a sucker for anything holidayish....I know, I don't think that is a word.  I am sure if anyone has looked at my blog before, or throughout the years they have seen that.  I love for the kids especially holiday clothes, pajamas, crafts, decorating, or food that represent and make that holiday special.  With my girls especially I had the best time when they were little getting the matching holiday shirts and hair stuff and taking their little picture....so fun!  Kaylee used to be my girl that as soon as one holiday would pass would love to start wearing the shirt for the next holiday and would totally get into it.  I have noticed since about 8 years old she would still want the holiday shirt but only really wear it on that day.  I guess now we are here.....growing up way to fast!  Now, I knew Alexa already had about 3 Valentine's shirts hanging in her closet either that still fit or hand me downs from Kaylee so she was set this year....... and because it looks like she won't need to match her sister.....so to make myself feel better I found a few Valentine's clothes for the boys to order and one Valentine outfit for Nathan at Target.  Not quite the same fun cutesy with the boys but you better believe they will still be getting holiday shirts until they protest!   But the decorating and the holiday themed food.....that is my deal and I can do that as long as I want!!!  Ryan will just have to put up with green pancakes even when it is just me and him again.  :)

Love you Kaylee girl!!!  I know turning 10 will be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...