Friday, January 15, 2016

7 Months!!

Our little Nathan is now 7 months!  Crazy to think that we are now past the halfway point to 1 year.  Here is what Nathan is up to right now:

As I mentioned here Nathan started food one week before 7 months.  His favorite is still sweet potatoes and does much better with rice cereal now that bananas are added to them.  Has also now tried peas and prunes from my last update.  I feed him food 3 times a day but only has an ounce or two at a time.  Sometimes he will seem interested and get excited and kick his little feet and other times not so much.  I have had to try and space out the nursing from the food because if I do one too close to the other he is just not hungry.  Totally opposite from Nolan!!  Nathan has seemed to really start gaining some weight though.  At his 6 months appointment he was down to the 30%, but he has been seeming so much heavier lately.  We weighed him on the bathroom scale, which I know is not as accurate but he was up to about 19lbs.  That was an almost 3lb weight gain!   Probably helps too that I have been able to add more things back in my diet and I have done some dairy in moderation if it is cooked and not too much.  Seems to do okay if I don't overdue it.  Too much makes him extra fussy and bothers his tummy a little.  I think the extra fat in my diet has been good for both of us.

Another big for Nathan is that about 2-3 weeks ago he started rocking back and forth on his knees.  At the time had still not figured out the front army crawl, only was going backwards, but now has figured that out and can scoot across the floor.  He will also take two or tree crawl movements on his knees before going to his tummy.

He is really close to to going from a crawl position to sitting by himself.  He did it just once but usually kind of just goes to a half way sitting position still with one arm holding him up.

Still just has two teeth but chews away on everything!

Has become very vocal and I think loves to hear the sound of his voice.  :)  Trying to keep up with the other kids can make for a very noisy dinner time lately!

When we are praying at dinner he will just sit and giggle in his highchair.....which makes the other kids giggle....which makes all of us giggle.....I am sure God is smiling too!

Around our house to the kids Nathan is better known as Baby Bo, or Baby Boo, or Baby Boo Who, or Baby Bumble.  I think all those names were thought up by Alexa and it has rubbed off to everyone else.  :)

All the kids just love him....of course Mom and Dad do too.....and cheer for him and encourage him every step of the way!  We feel so blessed to have 4 awesome kids!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...