Thursday, August 15, 2013

8 Months Old

Life has just been so busy the last few weeks with back to school that the month has totally gotten away from me.  Nolan's 8 month post is more like an 8 1/2 month post.  Many nights I have thought about sitting down to do this but I am just too tired all the time.  I figure I don't want to wait any longer or I won't remember what he was actually doing at 8 months.  I feel like he is already doing more now then he was doing at the start of the month.  I will try to give a short summery of what he is up to:



Is scooting around so fast all over the place.  Loves getting in to things such as pulling all the movies out (totally need a new TV stand), and digging in his toy basket to see what books or toys he can pull out.

Other then his fruits and veggies he has now tried Cheerios.  I think he first tried these a few days before 8 months.  At first he was not so sure, I think it was just getting used to the different texture, because now he LOVES them.  He shakes with excitement when I pull out that yellow box.  Also he went from at lunch time on his 8 month birthday to not being able to pick them up himself to at dinner time figuring it out.  He now feeds the cheerios to himself great.  Amazing how fast some milestones can be.  :)  Tried some puffs that were dairy free but said they could have the presence of soy in them....even though it was not in the ingredients.  Well, he was a total fussy mess after those so we won't be trying those for awhile.....I so am praying he outgrows the allergy.  Tried coconut yogurt just yesterday and that was a big hit.  So far no bad reaction either!

Has just in the last few days started to try and pull himself up on things.  So far just on his little piano, which he also loves right now, and the step up in front of the fire place.  He makes me so nervous because he is so unstable and really can hardly stand yet....he is sure trying though.  Totally need to put a bumper or something around the sharp edge of the fireplace.  Afraid he is going to hit is head if he falls trying to pull himself up.

He is starting to like books a little more.  Before he was just too busy trying to put them in his mouth.  He will now hold still for a few more seconds before he just wants to chew on it.  :)  A few favorites right now are his peek-a-boo book, How Big is Baby Elmo....loves when we say "So Big" at the end, and his baby faces books.

I will update more tomorrow if I realized I have forgot something else major...I am so half asleep. :)

* I totally forgot a very important one.  Right at 8 months Nolan started saying dadadada.  Then a couple weeks later I started hearing some Ma Ma Ma here and there.  Unfortunately the ma ma ma are not as common but it totally counts as saying mama in my book!  Nolan reminded me of this today when he was very vocal with his dadas.  :)

* Still only has 2 teeth!


This photo shoot was so hard....even with the girls help. :)













 Nolan's little jumper finally gave out.....had seen lots of love from the other 2 kids.  So cousin Asher to the rescue and let Nolan borrow his until he needs it.  Nolan loves it!!

First Cheerios!

Trying them out...

....and not so sure.  What a face!  I get that face a lot with Nolan and food.  He really does love Cheerios now!

The sweet little face that I see crawling all over the floor

Updated action shot!


But I am just so cute!!!

Baby Bullet Buddy!

With cousin Asher!

The happy Cheerios face!  He dumped his bib full of milk and cheerios all over his head!  He had some on his cheeks too but they fell off by the time I took the picture.

Looking WAY too big in his crib.  :(

And finally he loves crawling under the table.  Love you so much Buddy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...