Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Parade!

We decided to brave the Prescott Parade last Saturday.  I say brave it because Ryan was working a fire and  this is my first year of going with 3.  And then my sister just having Asher about a month ago we did not know exactly how the day was going to go.  I had my Mom to help me out and ride up with me otherwise I would have probably not wanted to go.  After missing last year from having to go to the hospital with contractions I did not have the heart to tell Kaylee we were not going again.  I had been promising her since last year we would go.  So, go we went!  I gave myself no expectations except to get up and back safely, and make sure everyone was fed, changed, and went to the bathroom.  I figure aim low and go with the flow and the day turned out pretty well!
I really love going up to Prescott and the small town 4th of July feel.  It is always a little cooler.  The parade is in the morning.  We showed up about an hour late, I think....really did not mind....just going with the flow.  My sister and I just fed our babies on the grass and my Mom took the girls to watch a little of the parade.  Then we always go to lunch at the Brewery in the main square after.  My favorite part is that after lunch it is usually cloudy, sometimes a little rain, and we just sit outside of the courthouse on the grass and let the kids play and enjoy the weather.  Then we get ice cream and go do my next favorite part before heading home.  We drive down my favorite street,  Mt Vernon Ave, and I wish I could live there.  It always reminds me of a place I would like to be....small town, cute Victorian houses built in the early 1900's.  Most all have bunt flags on the porches and decorated with flags.  If I could live any other place in AZ that is where it would be...on that street.  Maybe someday....when Ryan retires. :)

Our far walk down the hill to the parade.....I think because we were so late. :)






 Loves to hold the babies!






Waiting to eat at the Prescott Brewing Company



 Back outside in the grass playing a few games



Just kickin it with my cousin blue binky style!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...