Thursday, July 4, 2013

July Day....(A.K.A~ July 4th!!)


In Lex talk, 4th of July, or July 4th, is often called July day.  And the American Flag is referred to as the July Flag.  We will drive by an American Flag and Lex will say, "look Mom, it's the July flag".  Oh, the cute stuff I don't want to forget!
I hope everyone had a fun 4th!  Ours was pretty low key.  Ryan is working at a fire so it was just me and the kids most the day.  Late afternoon we headed over to my sister's house for dinner and swimming.  It was nice not rushing and just enjoying the day with family.  We will save the craziness for Saturday when we try to go to the Prescott Parade. :)
The night before me and the girls had fun getting our patriotic nails and toes done in the Mommy salon.  First we put Nolan to bed......

Then it was time to soak our feet in the tub...


 The girls chose blue nails....


 And red toes with flags....


We read a few 4th of July books and it was off to bed!




4th of July morning!  Nolan was being so good with pictures today!


 Love these of the girls kissing on Nolan.  :)  He loves his sisters and they love him!

They each wanted a picture with Nolan






Me and Lex being silly!

All waiting patiently for breakfast

 It is so nice to have a Kaylee to help out.  Everyone should have a Kaylee! ;) Nolan getting his apples for breakfast. 


Our patriotic breakfast Quinoa from here.  I have all the Quinoa I had bought for Nolan so when I saw this recipe I had to try it out.  I used that recipe and Kaylee and I loved it!  The toasted coconut is so yummy on top!  Lex ate it too, just because that is what I made for breakfast, but she is 4 and was not near as excited about it as Kaylee and I were.  :)

Putting a few flags out front.  So hot this year.....a few times today I found myself remembering/wishing for the 75 degree rainy weather we had last 4th of July.  Oh well...

The girls lunch


 My attempt to get a picture with the kids.  I look like I was talking in both pictures because I was. :) Trying to get everyone to look and smile at the camera when just holding it out was not easy!


Our yearly tradition....
 Both girls were such a help this year



Happy Birthday Flag....or Happy Birthday America is something I heard a lot that day from the girls.  I tried to explain that it is America Birthday and not the Flag's birthday too, but to them they kind of go together for 4th of July.

My sisters house....

Memaw and the grand kids:

Cousin picture!  Yay!!  I love being able to finally write that!!!
 Poor Lex was trying so hard to hold and see around Nolan.  The way he is growing I think next year he will be able to hold her!! :)





Back at home.  This is what happens when you have a little brother that has to go to bed.  The girls were left trying to see fireworks from our backyard.  We have fireworks that go off right at Kaylee's old school.  So not very far away but the house across the way was just in the wrong spot.  We could hear them, and see the glow from them around the house...but could not see them.

So.....back inside and we resulted to watching fireworks on this.....pretty pathetic I know.  :)

Happy July Day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...