Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The first feeding

Like I had mentioned below in Nolan's 6 month post, the first feeding did not go so well.  It started off good but he ended up throwing it up after the 2nd bite.  I hope it was just that he got some down the wrong way and not that he just can't eat it.  It may have been not smooth enough for the first feeding.  Poor guy is still waiting for take 2 of trying food.  He was doing better by Sunday but we were just so busy with dance recitals that day that we had no time to try a new food.  Then Sunday night we went out for a celebration dinner at Islands after the recital and they put butter on my steamed veggies after I told them not too.  I realized it after a few bites that it tasted to good to not have butter on it.  I love how they listened.  So Nolan has been all messed up again today....so again I waited and did not try food.  With this being dairy that I ate I hope he won't be a mess all week.  Dairy says in my system longer then soy.  Poor guy, I feel like he is never going to eat but if I don't get him right before we try a food I will have no idea what he is reacting to.

Just because trying food it a huge milestone I still wanted to post the pictures we took.

Our poor girls too, since I told them I was pregnant they have both said how they cannot wait to feed him.  They have been asking me when they could since he was born.  That night I told them that I would start off feeding him to see how he did and then they would get a turn.  Well, they never got their turn that night and they are still waiting.

Baby food making station all ready....check


Trying out the high chair...check


Works good for a toy tray!


New bib all on.....check


Food ready to go....check


And seems to like it!


2nd bite...and we know how that ends....

Here is a bonus that I did not know we had until Kaylee brought it to me Sunday night.  I had no idea but she said she filmed him eating his first bite on her camera.  Usually the ones on her camera don't turn out that great but this one was pretty good!  Yea Kaylee!  She is so cute....when I uploaded this on my computer I saw that every picture on her camera was of Nolan or someone with Nolan! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...