Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Easter~Nolan's 1st!

The night before...

The girls were so cute to remember to set out carrots for the Easter Bunny....Love how they love holidays like I do! :)



A good idea gone bad.....with 3 kids and one being a baby, and my husband gone that night, this little night before Easter project did not work out.  I had the great idea to melt white chocolate and put orange food coloring in it and then let the girls dip strawberries in it so that they looked like little carrots.  Well, since everything is rush, rush around here, my first problem was not melting the chocolate the correct way.  I should have put it in a double boiler and melted it that way but me being in rush Mom mode I had the great idea to put it in the microwave.  If I would have done it in short 30 sec intervals and kept stirring it, it may have worked.  I thought we were ready for this project and somehow between all the kids we were not.  I put it in for a minute...let it sit a few minutes..stirred it and put it back in...it sat for about 5 min...oh well, I will just heat it more....sat for about 10 min.....that's okay, another minute won't hurt it....WRONG.  It came out looking like this.....lovely burnt white chocolate.  Next year....

My yummy blackberry cobbler for Easter dessert....and it was yummy.....totally should not have tried it....Nolan did not like it so much....Next year....

Yea for Easter Bunny!














Easter Buddy!!


Let the egg hunt begin....inside first




...then outside.  The girls were so cute to put some of the eggs in Nolan's basket.  :)









 Checking everything out!

All ready for church!






Ryan was so nice to change Nolan at church....."I had to wash my hands Ryan says, what else was I supposed to do with him."  Love your thinking....and it made for a cute picture!

Memaw, Auntie, and Brandon came over for Easter dinner.  Auntie and Brandon got a new car...Nolan and Kaylee took it for a test drive. :)


 Memaw brought Ladybugs for the girls to release in the backyard.  Kaylee was so good and was letting them crawl on her....Lex is so my child and watched from a few feet away....and that is just because they were ladybugs....any other bug and she would have run in the house! :)






We had a fun Easter and a fun end to our Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...