Saturday, June 8, 2013

6 Months Old!! Happy Half Birthday!!




Wow, where have the last 6 months gone!  Nolan tuned 6 months old last Saturday.  I seriously keep wondering how we got here!  I keep saying the same thing about the girls school year.  I blinked and it was over.  I guess that is what happens when you have a baby right in the middle...kind of all goes by in a blur.  I really hope this summer we can slow down a little.  Dance is over this weekend for the girls, have the big recital tomorrow and then we will just have swimming in June and then NOTHING until school in August.....but we are not going to think about that.  I actually can't wait to not have to answer to any sort of schedule for awhile.  Hopefully Nolan can get a good nap schedule...already doing a little better in that department since school is done.

- Nolan is rolling like a champ all over the place.  Was doing this last month but now is really quick and will swivel around on his tummy to get the toy he wants.  His tummy has also become his preferred sleeping spot.  They say to keep them on their backs, but I figure he can roll off his tummy if needed and how do I keep him off??  About 2 weeks ago Nolan also cut out his dream feed.  He will last eat sometime between 7:30-8:30pm and then will sleep until about 7:30-8am.  He usually wakes up happy and I hear cute little sounds coming from his moniter.  When I go in there he is often on his tummy and I see his cute little fuzzy head looking around.  He gives me the biggest smile and gets so excited when he sees me.

-Still have not started food yet. He seems so ready!  We got the clear from the Dr last Thursday and we tried it that night but it did not go so well.  I think he just had too much going on that day.  He got his 1st tooth and had two shots that day so was not really feeling well.  When I told the Dr that I was going to make his food she wanted me to start him on Quinoa instead of the rice cereal.  Quinoa has way more iron then rice cereal.  I ground it down as fine as I could but it still had a little texture to it.....more then just rice cereal.  I thought it seemed like too much for the first food but we gave it a try.  He seemed to want it at first and then threw up after the second bite.  So it could be the Quinoa, the tooth, the shots....don't know?  I was going to try again the next day but he was pooping green with blood in it again.  Ugg!  So we are giving him a few days to get back to normal and then I am going to start with rice cereal first and then slowly introduce the veggies and fruits.  We will try the Quinoa at a later date when he is more used to eating.

-He still loves water and any chance he can get a drink from our cup or my straw sippy.  Totally need to get him his own sippy cup.  Was waiting until we started food but I know that is coming soon!

-Nolan is almost sitting up by himself.  Almost because he can a little but then will get off balance really easily and fall over.  So close Buddy!  He is not quite scooting/crawling yet either. Lex actually never crawled just scooted around on her arms until she learned to pull herself up on everything.  He is so close and gets so frustrated when he can't quite get that toy that is out of reach.

-He loves to pull hair and will grab a fist full of it whenever he can from the girls in the house.  Loves when we blow bubbles outside, when I read books to him, paper and the crinkly noise it can make, and loves playing with his little beach ball.  Still also loves any toys that light up and make noise.  It is so fun to watch him discover new things as he goes from being not just a tiny baby any more but to a big baby.

-In the past few weeks he has been working hard on his "fake cough".  Loves to try and get our attention with that.  I will look over and he will give me the biggest smile.  He will now say what sounds like "hi".  So cute to hear him mimic the sounds we make.  I love when I get him in the morning and I say to him "hi Buddy" and he says what sounds like "hi" back.  I am working real hard on "Mama" and "I love you". :)  He has now also mastered getting his toes in his mouth to chew on.

-Here are the stats for our big boy! Weight- 19 lbs 14.5oz~ 87%, Height- 27.5 in~ 82%, Head- 46cm~ 98%!!!

We love you so much Buddy and you have brought so much fun to the family!  I love getting to be a Mama to a boy now too, and the girls love having a brother.  They have just been so good with him.  Life has definitely been busy with three, and way more of an adjustment period then when just having two.  My house is definitely not as clean and put together as it used to be but it has been so worth it!  Happy Half Birthday Nolan!~may the next six months go slow.....really slow.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...