Sunday, April 14, 2013

4 Months!!

I am loving this age with our little guy!  He is so smiley and brings such joy to the house!   Life is crazy with three but his smiley face makes it all better. :)  He is definitely a mama's boy and I love it!
Here is what Nolan is up to at 4 months:

First, I can't believe how big he has gotten!  About 3 weeks ago he was moved up to size 3 diapers.  He wears either 6-12 month clothes or 9 months......depends on what store the clothes are from.  Can still fit in some 6 month stuff but starting to get tight. :)  I remember the girls being more right on with age and clothes size.  He weighs in at a whopping 17lbs 9.5oz!! 86%.  His height is 25.5 inches, 62%, and his head is 44 cm, 97%!  My milk supply is definitely doing better then it was last month.  Have a few days here and there where I feel we struggle a little but the last few weeks it seems to be much better.....and I think it shows in his crazy weight gain!

About 2 weeks ago he rolled over for the first time.  He goes from his tummy to his back now.  So far not back to tummy yet.  Just yesterday for fun I was looking at Alexa's 4 month post, it was so fun to look back and see what she was doing at 4 months.  She was the opposite and would go from back to tummy and then get upset because she would get stuck.  Crazy how I thought she was a chunker at 14lbs 10oz!  Nolan totally has you beat!  Initially when Nolan first discovered how he could roll over he would roll over immediately when he was placed on his tummy.  Now he is back to kind of chilling out there for a little bit.  I think he does not mind the tummy time as much because he is much stronger now and can hold his head up good and be propped up on his arms.  He loves to grab at the toys on his play mat and look at himself in the baby mirror on his mat.

He loves to smile and make cute little sounds.  He loves to try and make the same sound back to us that we make and also make raspberry sounds!  Nolan is grabbing at everything he can now and he wants to put everything in his mouth.  I think his gums are really hurting him.  He is constantly chewing on his hands, fist, fingers...anything he can and drooling like crazy!  I think a tooth must be coming soon.  The last 2 days I have also noticed that his sore gums are effecting his nursing.  He acts like he is in pain and will fuss a lot.  I remember I tried giving him teething tablets in the middle of a feeding once and he was much better.  I try and give him those now before some of the feedings and it seems to help.  Poor guy!

So I started to write this post probably 5 or 6 days ago but it just takes me so long to get anything done! :)  Right at 4 months Nolan was still not napping hardly at all except maybe fall asleep during nursing but would wake up 5-10 min later.  Maybe in the car I would sometimes get 15-20 minutes out of him.  For the day that was not enough....and meant no break at all for mama!  We would call him "no nap Nolan".  Well, two days ago he went from "no nap Nolan" to "napping Nolan"!  Yea!!  The simple things that can make life so much easier.  He will give me about 3 naps a day now.  Anywhere from a half an hour to just over an hour and they will either be in his swing or crib.  Before this time he would just scream if I put him in his crib.  Also right until 4 months we were still having him sleep in our room every night.  When 4 months hit I started having him sleep in his crib for a few hours until his dream feed and then after that I would put him in his glider next to me for the rest of the night.  I figured I would slowly start to get him used to his crib.  Also he sleeps through the night in his glider so I have not wanted to give that up.  He is getting so big....and almost too big for the glider so I know he needs to go to his crib soon.  Well, last night after his dream feed I put him back in his crib for the first time, (sniff, sniff), and he did great!  I didn't even have to give him the binky once.  He made it until 6:45.  Now, I don't know if tonight will go as smoothly.  Since his dream feed I have already had to go in there about 3 or 4 times to give him his binky. :o  I hope I don't chicken out and bring him to his glider...I just need sleep...but I also know that moving him is not helping him get used to his crib.  I remember with Lex I had to do the binky  thing a lot.  Eventually she became a great sleeper at night.

Nolan is eating closer to every 3 hours now since 4 months.  His last feeding will be around 7:30 or 8 and then I will put him down to bed.  He will either wake up or I will get him up for his dream feed around 10:30 or 11.  Then he will usually go until about 6:30 or 7am.  Hopefully being in his crib does not change that.  Still pumping after some feedings but only if I feel he did not drain me good.  It is nice to not have to do it after every feeding now.  I feel like my milk supply is starting to do a little better.  We are not going to start solid food until 6 months...or later.  Kind of nervous about that with him because of the cows milk and soy allergy he has.  I pray every day that his allergy will go away by 1 year.  I have heard mixed things from people whose kids have had the same thing.  Some go away and some don't.

I think that pretty much covers what Nolan is up to right now.  I guess I can come back and add it later if I think of something else.  Every time I sit down to write it is midnight or later and my head is in such a fog by then.  Oh the life with 3...no time for computers until late.  I am hoping that will get better with his new napping schedule.  Maybe my house can slowly start to get clean again too.  :)


I had a hard time keeping his hands out of his mouth for the pictures. :)




The girls wanted to jump in the picture with Nolan again as soon as I was done with the sign pics!



Baseball Buddy


Love to snuggle my baby

At 4 months this made it's way out!  Loves to explore all the fun stuff!





At 4 months we switched the bassinet out of his stroller to his seat.  On his first walk with his new seat and he loved it!

Nolan and Lex time!


 And...this is what happens when Daddy gives Nolan a bath!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...