Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Time out

Time outs are great....especially when they are for Mommy.  I am actually sitting at my computer taking one right now as Ryan cleans up the kitchen.  Thank you!  I have to say my pregnant self is very easily irritated and grumpy lately and I find I need these more and more.  :)  By dinner time I am usually done and just need a break.  I love my girls but the afternoon whining gets hard to take and I find I loose my temper more then usual lately.  So, I tried to give myself a time out earlier before Ryan was home to regulate, but that lasted all of about 3 min before Lex needed help with the potty, and everyone wanted a snack, and I decided dinner was not going to cook itself.  So after dinner my lovely husband let me have a much needed break.  Ahhh.  It was so cute, I heard him give everyone instructions that they can play in their rooms together or in the living room but to give Mommy a break.  So what do they do, play right outside my room in the hall being very loud.  My heart can only just smile.
Here is a cute bit from the conversation I heard:
Kaylee:  You have to be a princess
Lex:  I don't want to be a princess
Kaylee:  Well, if you are not going to be a princess then you have to be my butler!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...