Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to School!

On Monday of this past week Kaylee started preschool again! She was so excited to go back to school....actually she never really wanted to leave when it was over last May so she was counting down the days. She was also pretty proud to be in her big 4 year old class. She brought that up a few times that day! :)








Kaylee with her best friend Olivia. We knew the girls would not be in the same class this year because Olivia is doing 4 day preschool and Kaylee is just doing 3 day. We walk right by Olivia's class on the way to Kaylee's class so I was able to get their picture.


Kaylee going in to wash her hands.

.....now back at home. It was time to make Kaylee her back to school treat. I was not sure if Alexa would want to, or even care to help me make cupcakes since she is still so little. I was wrong....she LOVED it! Usually it is just Kaylee that helps me out and now I feel bad for never letting Lex because she had so much fun. I still just think of her as my tiny baby but she is getting so big. I think Lex really liked not having to fight with Kaylee for the spot on the step stool! ;)






So this is how I know I am totally starting to "relax" as a Mom. I hate to admit it but if I was to rewind about 3 years, and if this was Kaylee helping me out back then, I probably would have said "no" and put a stop to the turning over or "helping" with the cupcake batter. I am sure I would have not allowed what happened in the picture below, and if it did happen, I probably would have fixed the mess and got them all perfect again before putting them in the oven.


So I guess this is what happens when you let your 1 year old help with the cake batter....


....but how could I not let her have a little fun? Her face was just pure joy and excitement! I just looked at her and saw the joy and had to laugh right along with her. She was so proud of her creation! I think we both just looked at each other and laughed for about 30 seconds and then I can say I happily picked them up and put them in the oven, mess and all!


Kaylee with her teachers Mrs. Peloquin and Mrs. Farr after school.


Lex and I didn't have enough time to get the cupcakes all pretty and decorated before it was time to pick her up so I just let Kaylee decorate her own cupcake. She loved that!


Lex enjoyed hers too!





All ready to eat!
Kaylee had a wonderful first week and loves her class. It is crazy how after one day she came home and seemed older and more talkative. We ended the day with her picking out her choice of dinner, which was tacos, and then of course another cupcake!


1 comment:

  1. What a great day and a great Mom! I would love to get our girls together one day. We would all have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...