Saturday, January 14, 2017

Nathan's 18/19 Month Post!

So I always like to look back at the other kids posts, from when they were at the same age, before posting this current child's age post.  I was feeling bad that Nathan turned 18 months on December 11th and the whole month I just kept saying to myself that I HAVE to get this post done before January 11th.  Like that would have been all okay because he was still 18 months!  Well the 11th of January has come and gone so here we are doing his 18/19 month post.  I felt a ton better when I looked up Nolan's post from that age and his was an 18/19 month post too!  Nice to know life was just as crazy back with 3 kids and I wasn't doing a whole lot better then.  Ha!  And now that I have 4 kids I can't even hardly think of what Nathan is doing now, or let alone last month at 18 months, and I see him every day!  So I will do my best with his 18/19 month post because something written down is better than nothing when I look back in 20 years and I am crying because everyone is all grown up.   :((  Then I also realized I never took any 18 month pictures of him.  I thought about it every time I saw his cute little age number blocks sitting on his shelf that I so faithfully used for the first 12 months....totally mom of the year.  Our family pictures from when he was 17 months will just have to do!

Love this sweet little handsome guy!















Nathan has such a sweet little spirit and is loved so much by his family.  I love how the other kids still google over him as the little baby!

Right at 18 months he still didn't have much to say.  As we have approached 19 months he is finally starting to babble more than he ever did before.  He is my latest talker so far.  I wasn't as good as keeping track with Kaylee, which is strange because she was my first, this blog has helped so much, so I can't remember when she really started talking a lot but I don't think it was this late.  Both Alexa and Nolan said more than Nathan did at 12 months.  Funny how I haven't done anything different with him!  I did remember to keep track on my phone what words Nathan is saying...or at least have said once or twice.  :)  The words he says the most are Dada, Mama, wa wa, and that (when pointing to something), but he also says nice, hi, dog, car, cup, ball, what's that, quack, and I have heard a Zah Zah!  What is important about Zah Zah, well, that is what Nolan called Alexa back when he first started talking.  His was more A Zah Zah for Alexa.  That nickname for her has kind of stuck.  We still call her Zah Zah or Zas sometimes.  He can also hum the Star Wars tune or say his Mamas in the tune of Star Wars....so he has that going for him!  He has never seen Star Wars but the girls are always humming it and Kaylee plays it on the piano so he picked it up!  That kind of reminds me of the girls when they were his age and younger.  They both used to sing their Mamas in the "twinkle twinkle little star" tune.  So cute!

He still loves books!!  Luckily he is not a book destroyer like Alexa was at 18 months.  I still think she was my most destructive or active one at that age.  :)  He loves after nap time to read some books with me and of course before bed!  I love that snuggle time with him.  His favorites are:
5 Little Ducks
Baby Faces
Happy Baby Words
The Little Train
I Love Colors
Baby Touch and Feel Animals
Baby Cakes
Let's Get Dressed!

Hopefully I didn't forget any!  

We are so thankful that he has never had any more reactions to foods!  We just haven't retried sweet potatoes with him yet but that is OK!  So far I still can't get him to drink milk unless it is from his cereal bowl in the morning.  The rest of the day for his calcium I give him cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese.  He will only drink water for liquids.  Can't find anything else he will like.  I worry about him getting enough fluid but we just push the water all day!  Also pretty picky with food and doesn't like many things.  I just keep trying and putting stuff on his plate for meals.  :)

Nathan loves playing with his little cars or anything with wheels.  He has recently started liking little trains too.  His favorite stuffed animals are his Pooh Bear and his Mickey Mouse.  He also loves anything Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the show.  He loves dancing to the VBX songs and videos....Nolan does too.  We just pull them up on the TV from YouTube.  He also loves Christmas music.  I still have that playing on the CD player in the boys room.  He loves playing outside and taking walks now that it is finally nice weather!  Still loves his sleep sack for naps and bedtime.  It is getting so small on him.  I have tried getting him a bigger size but he wants nothing to do with it because I can't find the same exact fabric or pattern he currently has in a larger size.  He gets so upset to not have it I just keep squeezing him in it.  He looks at it like I took his favorite blanket away and will just cry when I try and put him in a different one.  Poor guy....we are just going to have to cut feet holes in the bottom of it soon!  He is officially to just an afternoon nap now.  The other kids dropped their morning nap at about 14 months but I still got away with it for Nathan until probably November, as long as I kept it super short.  He still has a half an hour crib play time on our school mornings but I put toys and books in his crib, and his music on, so he doesn't fall asleep.

The boys share a room together and I love watching them on the monitor when going to sleep and when they get up in the morning.  Nolan is so sweet to interact with Nathan and give him toys and talk with him.  I hope they will always be best friends!

Here are Nathan's stats from his 18 month well check:
Height: 32.5 inches- 45%
Weight: 21 lbs 14.5 oz - 17%
Head: 48 cm- 65%

He is my smallest baby so far at this stage except in height he has Alexa beat by 1/2 inch!


Here are some other pictures I found of Nathan from around 18 months!

Had the final molars coming in last month so the hands were always in the mouth!



Nathan got to see his first snow the day after the polar express!



First cookie decorating!

Sweet brothers!


So sweet playing with cousin Maggie!
I love these pictures of Nathan hauling his Christmas tree!








Nathan, we are so thankful to God for you and we love you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...