Monday, February 17, 2014

Olympic Pizza/Cake Night

Tonight we had a Pizza and Cake night Olympic style.  We all enjoy watching the Olympics together so I thought a fun dinner would be perfect!  I have to say though, I am finding it a lot harder to keep up with the Winter Olympics then we did the Summer Olympics 2 years ago.  When the kids are out of school in the summer it is much easier to stay up late, and have the kids stay up late to watch it together.  With everyone's busy schedules in full swing I find myself trying to catch up the next day as best I can from the DVR, usually while I am doing 2 other things. :)  I think this time around is the most I have missed of any Olympics.  Even tonight, it was still a school night so the watching together was short lived.

Earlier that afternoon the girls had fun sorting the M & M's for the rings on our cake




 Our Olympic cake....I realized too late that I did not do a very good job centering the rings. :o



 Our Olympic Pizza

Our other Olympic Pizza made with Pesto sauce for the non-tomato eaters of the family (aka Kaylee).  Good thing my pizza crust recipe calls for 2 anyway.  :)


We are an all sit at the table together for every meal kind of a family so the girls thought this was so cool that I put a blanket on the floor in front of the TV for this meal.  "It is like having a picnic but inside!" they said.

 And I pulled Nolan's high chair right up next to us


I caught the girls in a after pizza before cake dance party



 Cake time!  Looking at those pictures their pieces of cake seem huge for them! ;o  They were both so concerned about getting enough M&M's on top that I think they ended up bigger then planned.  :)


Fun night and fun family time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...