Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!!

It was me and the kids again ringing in the New Year.  I was thinking about it and I think Ryan has only been home with us 1 out of the last 4 years.  He is always paying a shift back either New Years Eve or New Years Day to the single guy so he can get Christmas or 4th of July off.  Then usually he would have worked one of those days anyway so that means he would now be gone both days.  :(  Earlier in the evening we hung out at my sisters.....which I am sad to say I took no pictures.  A certain 1 year old kept me too busy chasing him. :)  She was having a party but with baby we made it to about 8:30 and I had to get the little guy home.  The girls were troopers and hung in there until midnight.  I was amazed....even I wanted to go to bed.  :)  This was Alexa's first year to make it and Kaylee's second.  After Nolan was asleep we played a few good rounds of Guess Who and Zingo and then I brought them into my room to watch a movie in bed.....just until the ball was ready to drop I told them.....thinking that everyone would just fall asleep.  They proved me wrong and hung in there.  So it was back in the living room for the countdown....and Happy New Year 2014!  Our neighbors across the street did not disappoint again and we ran out front to watch them set off a few fire works.  Then it was back inside for bed....almost....the girls just HAD to turn the calendars in their rooms that they got for Christmas to say January....they had been looking forward to this.  :)  Then it was finally bedtime.  

Ready to ring in the New Year. Morning waffles. Happy New Year



The rest of the day I just enjoyed hanging out with the kids.... playing outside, games, and not having anything else to do.  Love it!  The girls and I had fun bringing out last years resolutions and and seeing how they did.  Kaylee- tie her shoes...mission accomplished, and learn to roller skate....not so accomplished.  I see that as my fault with all the times she wanted to go out and practice and Mom just couldn't for one reason or another....which leads me to mine this year....to focus on spending more quality time and being intentional with the kids even though we are always busy.  Now to give myself a little credit the first year with a new baby is always extra busy.  But back to Kaylee's, we just rolled the roller skating...no pun intended, into this year again.  :)  Alexa's was to ride a bike without training wheels.  She did that right after turning 4 and never even had the training wheels.  Yea you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...