Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My baby is 1!!!









I feel so bad that Nolan is 1 and I am just now posting about his Birthday.  Tomorrow he is 13 months so I don't want to wait any longer to talk about him turning 1.  I wish I would have done this right away because they change so fast with what they are doing, and turning 1 is a BIG DEAL!  I will do my best to talk about what he was doing then and compared to now.  As always life is busy, but of course December is REALLY busy and the month just got away from me.

The best news is that about a week before turning 1 we got the results from Nolan's allergy test and he tested negative on EVERYTHING!  Praise God!  I am so thankful that he does not have a lasting dairy allergy and was one of the lucky ones that grew out of it.  It was getting so hard to keep up that diet....and the rest of the family was ready for a break too.  :)  I was able to slowly start bringing dairy back in my diet the week of Thanksgiving....just in time to enjoy all the yummy sides.  I took it real slowly for both me and Nolan because while diary is good....our bodies really don't like it.  My stomach and intestines did not like me very much at first and my ear has slowly gotten a little worse again the last month.  Dairy produces extra mucus in the body and any extra of that, even if it is just from a cold or allergies, always makes my ear worse.  Funny, I have not mentioned my ear in a long time.  Eating that diet made all that better, made most of my allergies go away, and I had lots of energy and felt great!  So far since back on dairy I have overall felt more tired and sluggish and have allergies again.....kind of makes me want to go back on the diet!  I wish dairy was not in everything that tastes good because doing that diet for that long was probably one of the hardest and most discipline things I have ever done.  I always said I could never do it on my own accord....too easy to cheat....only could do it for Nolan.  So enough about me, back to Nolan.  We slowly started giving him dairy in his diet and he has overall done well.  I waited a few weeks to try strait milk.  At first he was a little extra fussy and off, but that has subsided.  I figure since my body did not like it again, his might also take some adjusting.  If we have something really rich and cheesy his intestines don't seem to like him either.  Just having milk does not seem to really bother him.  I find myself still trying to limit the dairy he eats some days in the rest of his diet and he just seems a little happier.  The nice thing is that I don't have to be so careful anymore and I know he will not have a major reaction.

Here are some other highlights of what Nolan is up to:
-Walks with ease holding on to the furniture.  As the month has gone on he has started to take a little step here and there between holding on to something.  Now at almost 13 months we have seen him take about 4 or 5 little steps.  He has only done that twice and is not consistent.  Still will drop down to a crawl to quickly get where he wants to go.

- Will now just stand up where he is at and practice his balance.  He holds his hands up and gets the cutest look on his face waiting for us to cheer.....because yes we do that every time!  :)

- Loves to throw, bang, shake, and hit stuff together.....all boy!

- Along that same line.....he is in to EVERYTHING!!  He is totally that kid that puts everything in his mouth including wanting to eat the rocks outside. I will be glad when that phase passes.  Makes it tough because having two older sisters it is hard to totally baby proof the house.  They are good about keeping little stuff in their rooms and off the floor but we still have to be so careful.

- Loves to clap and gets so excited when we clap with him!

-Loving all the new foods and not such a bland diet anymore.....kind of gets the look of where has this been all my life....and why have you been holding out on me Mom???  Have not found much right now he does not like.  Store bought apple sauce the other day is one of the first things I have seen him not want in a long time.  Which seems funny to me of all things.  I guess he was spoiled with the homemade kind!

- Does not like his pack n play.  Don't get much sleep when we are traveling.

-Such a Mama's boy and I love it!  I know that phase does not last forever so I am just going to soak it up!  Does not make it very easy to drop him off in the nursery at church though.  He just cries and is unhappy every time.  Makes it so hard to leave him.

-Finally lets me snuggle with him more.  Before I could not rock him to sleep if I wanted to.  He would just squirm in my arms to get free or get down.  Made it easy to just be able to put him down awake and then he would go to sleep on his own.  But now I can at least rock him and sing to him before bed....love that time with him.

-He is my only baby I have nursed this long.  Still have not totally cut out the morning and right before bed.  More just for comfort now.

-His favorite book is still his Baby Faces book and gets so excited when he sees the baby on the cover.  He still calls baby, Dada, but when he sees that book and says Dada, it has a little different sound to it where I know he is trying to say baby.  What I just said probably does not make sense to anyone else.  :)

- Will kind of let me read to him a little more.  Of course loves the Baby faces book but will hold still a little better for other books....not great but better.  His attention span is just not their yet.

- Loves his Christmas music CD we play in his room during play time.  His face lights up when I turn it on and he does a little dance.

- Still says Dada, for most things.... I am even Dada most the time.  Only some Mamas come out here and there.  He still loves to drop things and say uh oh.  His favorite new one in the last month is "whats that" and he points to anything and everything.  Loves to do that the most with the ceiling fans.  I love how he just wants to know what everything is around him!

-Loves getting a bath and splashing all over the place!

-Does not like to hold still getting his diaper changed.

- At the start of the month still just had 8 teeth.  The last week he has gotten 2 molars and I can tell a third is about to pop through any day.

- Stats at his 12 month appointment:
 weight: 22 lbs 10oz- 70%, height: 31. 5 in 97%, head 48cm 93%.

This year we rang in Nolan's 1st Birthday Sunday morning at the Polar Express.  We had actually had that date booked before I had Nolan.  Last year we had gone to the Polar Express the weekend before Thanksgiving to make sure I did not have the baby on the train. So when we scheduled it for this year we went with our usual Saturday after Thanksgiving. Sunday the 1st he turned one!

My sweet little 1 year old!









Loving getting to eat pancakes!!



We sang "Happy Birthday" at breakfast!








First time being in really cold weather!

opening a few presents back in the room before we checked out






Thought it was more fun to play with his sister's water bottle.  :)

Back at home playing with his new toys


On Sunday night we had the family over for a little Birthday celebration.

Nolan had afternoon party balloons instead of wake up breakfast balloons this year.  :)




I was so excited to make him a cake like I did for the girls turning one.  It means so much more when I was worried if he could even have cake.

checking out the presents








Dance party with Memaw!


Loves his balloons!




Birthday Boy!!

Cousin Asher!

The girls loved helping open Nolan's presents



I'll just enjoy chewing on this lid


The girls were so excited to give Nolan his present from them




Nolan loves his new Dusty the Plane!


Checking out some new tools from Memaw!

Cake time!






Slow start!










Still never got really messy.  My neatest cake eater yet!!

Wow, I really can't believe that it has already been a year.  You are just the sweetest little boy and always so happy.  You are so good at going with the flow and balance out our family perfectly!  I love having my little buddy to hang out with me as we cart your sisters all over.  I wish I could just hold on to you little forever!
I love you so much Nolan!  I feel so blessed that I get to be your Mommy!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...