Thursday, January 23, 2014

Christmas Time

As in usual fashion I am running super behind and can't believe it is almost 1 month since Christmas.  How did that happen?!?!  I mean I finally just packed up the last ornament bin last Thursday.....and it was just a few days before that I finally put the other stuff away.  I remember Alexa was super sad that night when she realized the Christmas books were all packed away and she was going to have to read a regular book for story time.  She settled for a Christmas song instead and picked out a Valentine shirt to wear the next day....on to the next!  The other LASTS of Christmas have slowly made their way out in the last few days too.  My little poinsettia that was on the kitchen sink ledge decided that it was just not going to live any longer and my Fresh Balsam candle burned out two days ago.  Just a few Christmas soaps left at the sinks.  I love how I still catch Alexa singing Christmas songs all the time....I admit I will often still join in with her.  :)  My older one this year I definitely noticed a change.  So don't like that as we are only in 2nd grade.  Not that she does not love Christmas still, just not as excited of all the little traditions and decorating as she used to be.  Not as in to wearing Christmas shirts, pj's etc....only wore them a few times because I brought it up.  This is unusual for me coming from the girl who always loved wearing clothes and pj's for any holiday and would start wearing them for the next holiday the second the other one was over.....and then would be begging me to decorate for the next holiday too.  Suddenly we are really worried about what everyone will think.  I know those growing up times are coming I just did not think it would be starting as early as 2nd grade.  Mama's don't like that growing up stuff!  At least not this mama.  :(  Hopefully I still have a few more years with the excitement from Lex because I am sure Nolan will never have the same excitement with the clothes, books, and decor as the girls did.  :)  So to try and get something posted from Christmas Time here are some pictures from the month of December.

Christmas cookie baking



Train ride at the RR Park


Lookin good for dance!  At least I got one of my girls to wear "the skirt" this year.  :)


And these I had to take to document the year that Kaylee refused the right to wear Christmas pj's to school on jammie day even though it was the last day before Christmas break.  I nicely asked her a few times if she wanted to but it was a no go.  Ho hum......




snuggling with my baby guy

love the tush!

Hi Mom!  I'm not getting into the movies again or anything.  



Cocoa light night.  Every year we love to take a night to drive around and look at Christmas lights as a family and listen to Christmas music.  This year we added cocoa in the car and it was a huge hit!

Annual gingerbread house decorating with Auntie






painting!

Making our Christmas cookies for Santa!


Alexa's Christmas party at school



Waiting to sing happy birthday to Jesus.  I still remember when Kaylee's class did this.  


enjoying the cake

Our cute gifts from Lex.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...