Friday, November 22, 2013

Remembering Grandpa/Great Grandpa

Lloyd Grover~ October 1917-September 2013
I went back and forth whether I should post this or not but I decided I did want to.  I know I can't due it justice, or probably say the right thing, but I want to have this in my blog to remember Grandpa.  My Grandpa died the end of September just a few weeks short of 96.  He had Alzheimer's and had been very ill the last several years and confined to a bed.  My wonderful Aunt and Uncle cared for him in their home the whole time.  Such a crummy disease and so hard to see him go down hill.  Very sad that my kids did not get to know him.  I have such wonderful memories of my Grandpa from growing up, and always had so much fun when we would go to California to visit  2-3 times a year.  He loved the Lord and was such a good example in how he lived his life.

I didn't have a picture of just him but I thought this would be even better with my sister and I.  I know my Mom would have had so many more choices, but I found this one that was taken back in May of 1983.  My Grandma and Grandpa had come to town for my 3rd birthday.




We just had a small family service where we got together to remember him and celebrate his life.
All Veterans get a flag on their coffin









Presenting the flag to my Grandma


















We miss you Grandpa but we know you are doing great and in such a better place!

Then on the ride back to my Aunts house I look back and see this.  So sweet, melt my heart.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...