Monday, September 30, 2013

First day of 2nd grade!

Kaylee is about 2 months into 2nd grade but I did not want to forget her 1st day pictures.  First days are always fun special days, this year a little more hectic with Ryan gone and having a baby, but we still managed to fit in all the fun and with me at the end of the day sighing a huge sigh of relief that I made it......only to think wow, now I get to do this all again in a week and a half for Lex!!  So worth it though and so glad for traditions.


First day breakfast set up and sign:




 First day lunch all packed with a note and a fun riddle:

 First snack~ apples and a homemade strawberry oatmeal bar:

Backpack all packed and ready:

Loved the back-to-school riddles on her plate.


Her choice of breakfast this year: Blueberry muffins, bacon, and egg in the hole.




A call from Daddy to wish her a happy first day!







Now I have to pause and remember after the above picture.  After that I drove like a crazy women to try and get her to school on time.  I could only laugh to myself on the way thinking who is actually late on the first day of school????.....I guess us.  Especially with how early I got up to get things going.  Sometimes the morning just brings too much for one person to handle in a prompt manner.  So we made it to school, fought traffic, parked in a no parking zone, grabbed Nolan out of the car before he knew what hit him, dragged three kids right up the stairs....no time to even figure out where Kaylee's line was outside, all to make it in the nick of time.  Wheww.....I was exhausted already. :)

So back at home and my mess of a kitchen:


Starting Kaylee's special after school treat:

The best little helper:






I chose Rice Krispies Treats this year because we still had some mouse cupcakes lying around so we did not need any more cupcakes.







 Ending the day with tacos for her special dinner on the red plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...