Monday, May 13, 2013

5 Months old!!

Nolan turned 5 months on the 1st!  I love this stage in that he is getting so aware of his surroundings and wants to explore everything!  He grabs at everything he can and wants to put it right in the mouth.  He loves to grab at my hair especially when nursing and also gets distracted very easily.  Seems way more interested in what his sisters or Daddy is doing in the room instead of eating.  I keep thinking those teeth of his will pop through any day.  He is still drooling like crazy and his poor gums seem to really bother him.  I don't know if it is his gums hurting or just that his big growth spurt is over but at about 4 1/2 months he went from eating about 45 minutes at a time down to like 10.  Some feedings in the last few days he has only gone about 5 minutes.  I worry that he is getting enough but he seems really happy when he is done.  I guess I will find out at his next appointment if his weight is okay.  My milk supply was finally doing better and I was only pumping about twice a day but now that he is eating so much less I find myself pumping after most feedings again to try and keep it up.  At least he is going longer now and only eats about every 3-3 1/2 hours during the day.  Before bedtime it is usually a little sooner.  He will go to bed anywhere from about 7:30-8:30 and then I will do a dream feed anywhere from about 10:30-11:30.  That really seems to help him make it through the night and he will usually sleep until about 7-7:30.  I kept wondering if I still need to do the dream feed but last night that question was answered.  I was so tired I fell asleep without doing it and I was up at 4am feeding him.  Back to normal schedule today.  I won't try that again until he is eating solids.  A few weeks ago he decided that he won't take a bottle.  The last few times Ryan has tried he just screams and gets so upset.  The pressure is on to keep my milk up and stick to my strict diet.
A few days after I did Nolan's 4 month post I transitioned him to his crib at night.

He did so well....I think I just did not want to move him from our room.  I liked to look over at night and see him in his glider.  It is so sad to see it empty now.  :(  I know if I kept waiting it would just get harder to transition him.  He rarely wakes up at night and if he does I can usually give him is binky and he goes right back to sleep.  I have only had to nurse him twice in the middle of the night since going in his crib....last night being one of them because I skipped his dream feed.  Oops!
We are still working on napping in our crib.  After his 4 month post he finally started taking some naps at all.  He will usually take a morning nap in his swing, usually only about 1/2 hour.  Then a couple hours later I will try and have him take that nap in his crib.  Sometime works, others not so well and he will wake up after 10-15 minutes.  Totally hit and miss.  Then a couple hours after that I will put him in his swing again.  Can usually get a 1/2 hour to an hour....depending on how his mid day nap went.  Now this is in an ideal world.....maybe once or twice a week or on weekends we can try that schedule...of course with 3 we are not always home and seem to be running all over the place, so often he will just sleep some in his carrier while we are running around....no wonder he has no nap schedule.  We will probably just get a schedule in time for school to start again next August.


Here are some of Nolan's favorite toys right now.  Still loves his play mat too!

Nolan had started rolling over at 4 months...think that was in the last month post...but then stopped and was just getting frustrated again.  Now finally in the last few days has been rolling again from his tummy to his back.  He seems so close from going from his back to his tummy.  I have been trying to give him lots of floor and tummy time for practice.
His favorite things that he wishes he could grab right now are our phones, the remote, and my water cup....today at church his dream of the water cup came true.


I can usually hardly take a drink without him practically jumping out of my arms with excitement trying to get it.

Here are his 5 month pics:







This time only Lex jumped in the pictures because Kaylee was at school.....can't wait for summer break...2 weeks!!

Loves to give Nolan kisses!

Good thing I had gotten my pictures

The photo shoot ended real fast here.  He started chewing on the sign and some of the ink from the paper got on his face and mouth.  Rushed him right to the sink to wash it out.

Playtime on his blanket that Grandma Graham made




Action roll shot!


Lookin good buddy! This was taken this morning and he is just looking so big!  Many more Mother's Day pictures to post....hopefully before Father's day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love all these picture!!! He is so cute! Sounds like he is an eating champ now - so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...