Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3 Months Old!

Our little Nolan was 3 months on March 1st!  I just love this little guy and he gets cuter by the day!  He is getting so big.  We did not have a well check this month but had to bring him to the Dr on Monday because of a yucky cold....we have all passed it back and forth around the house.  We wanted to get him checked out because 3 months is just way to little to be sick.  Well, we could not believe he weighed over 16 lbs!!!  I assume that means he is getting enough milk. :)  Crazy that he often seems upset though that he can't get enough milk out.  I still feel like we struggle with that some days.  Was getting better.....thanks to the new awesome pump I borrowed...thanks Tracee!  But then I got sick and was not able to keep up with my pumping enough for a few days and now we are struggling again.  I feel like I have to start all over.  I wish my milk supply was not so touchy.  So far I have been able to keep the infection away.  I have days where it seems like it starts to bother me again but I have been able to keep it away.  I think it has really helped pumping after every feeding to make sure it is drained properly.  Crazy schedule to keep up with but working for now.  I am just taking the nursing one day at a time and always glad when I have made it through another day. :)  The good news with pumping all the time is I am getting a big supply of milk stocked up in the fridge.
This month Nolan continues to be super smiley and much more aware of what is going on around him.  Often seems to get distracted while nursing when he hears his sisters or people talking around him.  Loves to find things on the wall or the ceiling fan to stare at.  He is drooling like crazy!  He is constantly chewing on his hands and his outfits are getting soaking wet from all the drool.  In just the last few days he is starting to want to try and grab at things.  Doesn't have that down very well yet but is working on it!  He does not mind tummy time too much as long as I don't leave him there for very long at a time.  Have to do it in shifts!  Nolan got his first cold last Sunday and it is so hard to see him sick.  He has been so congested and we have to suck his nose all the time.  That has not been fun.  Today he had a little fever but this evening starting to seem better.  Nolan is still sleeping in our room next to our bed in his glider.  That has worked so well I have no desire to put him in his crib.  He will usually make it through the night until about 5 or 6am and then still go back to sleep for a few hours.  Unfortunately he will probably grow out of the glider in another month so we will have to switch to his crib.  I hope we don't have too hard of an adjustment period.

Here we go with his 3 month pics!

Getting ready!










Love these next few pictures with Nolan and the girls.  The girls look and were so excited to take pictures with Nolan, and Nolan looks like....really, more pictures?  Aren't we done yet??






Hanging out with my little buddy at dinner

Story time

Nolan and all the babies hanging out.  Love how Alexa's little babies made their way on to the play mat with Nolan!

Nolan out for the night in his glider!  Love this thing!

Honey Badger Don't Care!

Love it buddy!




1 comment:

  1. Happy 3 months Nolan! What a cutie pie and so filled out now, love it. Love all the pics. Hope all is going better...thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...