Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1 Month Already!!

I can't believe my little guy is 1 month already!  I feel like this has been such a crazy month and it has all been kind of a blur.  Having a baby at the start of the Christmas season has been tough.  I look back at the month and can't believe all that we have had to fit in.  The first month or two after having a baby is so tough anyway, but this time has definitely been the hardest.  I think the biggest challenge the third time around has been having two older ones in school and dance and trying to keep up with all their activities when you really just want to stop all activities for a few months.  And then of course the Christmas season brings on many more activities, planning, coordinating, etc....no wonder I feel like it has been a blur!  I remember we came home from the hospital on a Sunday and I remember thinking...oh my gosh...Kaylee has school tomorrow, and we have homework...laundry...ahhh!  Not much of a break.  Blessed are the Mom's that have their babies during summer break when they have older ones!  And then Ryan was finishing up paramedic school through the fire dept and he had his big NRT test on the 13th.  So he had to be very focused on studying the next few weeks...not very easy with a new baby trying to study.  Thankfully he passed and is all done!  Then the girls had their dance recital, school performances, both had holiday parties.  Then of course trying to do some Christmas activities/traditions with the girls and not skip everything.   I remember thinking how I did not even know how I was going to fit in finishing Christmas shopping and trying to wrap any presents.  Somehow it was all accomplished....unfortunately I was probably half asleep when I did it.  No wonder I feel like the last month was a blur.  Christmas is always my favorite time of year and this year I feel like I hardly remember it!  In spite of all the craziness, we were given the best gift of all this month...our little Nolan.  He is such a sweet baby and a wonderful blessing!  It is definitely something special for a Mom to have a little boy!  It may take me until March to actually put the Christmas stuff away but our little guy is so worth it!  I still have many more pictures to post of him and the last month but keeping with tradition I had to post his pictures with the 1 Month sign.  I did this with both girls for every month up to a year and I have the pictures hanging in a frame in each of their rooms.




Then for fun we tried "take two" of Nolan in his stocking.  We had tried a few weeks back to do stocking pictures but they really did not turn out.  Ryan and I had to laugh this time...we went to put him in the stocking and we could barely get it up!  It was a tight fit already!  At least he is gaining good weight.  A few weeks ago it went right up!  Can't wait to see what he weighs at his one month appointment on Thursday.


At one month Nolan is such a good baby.  He had been still sleeping a lot but the last few days he has had some more awake time during the day.  The girls absolutely love him and always want to hold him.  He eats every two to three hours so that makes for tired Mom and Dad and not much sleep at night.  He loves to nurse and no bottles so far.  The good thing is that at night he has been really good at going back to sleep after he eats.  He likes to be swaddled, loves his binky, loves to be held, loves his little sling chair, and his glider to sleep in at night.  I feel so blessed to have a healthy little boy and he completes our family perfect!  I love you so much Nolan!

Update*
Nolan's 1 month stats:
Weight: 10.7 lbs
Height: 22 inches

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen! I recently found your blog through Amanda's. You have a beautiful family! Congratulations on your newest addition!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...