Sunday, December 9, 2012

Welcome Nolan Glen!!

Born 12/1/12 at 12:12am.  (Love the date and time!) 7lbs 8oz.  Can't believe he is already a week old  and so in love already!!  I have been trying the entire week to get a post up and this is the first chance I have been able to finish it. :)  Definitely more difficult this time around with having 2 in school and involved in activities.  When Alexa was born Kaylee was not in preschool or activities yet so it was easy to just be able to do nothing. Now we still have to get up and get them ready for school or dance.  I am so looking forward to Christmas break in a few weeks!  In spite of the sleep deprivation we are just loving every minute of him! 












It was so nice that he came a week early for me.  I was so ready!  I am so glad that I did not have to go to 41 weeks with him like I did Alexa.  I had popped a rib out of place the week before from the horrible cough that I have had since September and had been in a lot of pain.  I needed to get the baby out to try and get better!  I had been contracting since about 3am on Friday and they started getting stronger and closer together about 7am.  Then they slowly started getting farther apart.  At 10:30am that morning I had a Dr appt and when she checked me I was at a 4.  I had seen her on Tuesday and I was still a 1 so I had been making lots of progress.  She striped my membranes again and they started picking up kind of on and off throughout the day.  I really did not know if I was going to have the baby that day.  At about 4:30 we did decide to go in.  We left the house about 5 and got all the way to the hospital when Ryan realized he left the cord blood kit on the counter.  So back home we went in Friday work traffic!  I can do this I told myself....they were only coming about 5 min apart.  Well of course then they started coming much stronger and closer together...was not too happy.  I told Ryan, we will laugh about this later right!?!?  Well we made it in plenty of time...fortunately no crazy car delivery story. :)  Got checked in a little after 6pm, didn't get my epidural until I was dilated to a 7...lots of pain at that point...kudos to the women who do it without pain medication.  I was not trying to wait but the anaesthesiologist had two emergency c-sections that came up right before me.  I almost had to wait again but when the nurses realized how fast I was progressing they made him come in to me first.  I got the epidural a little after 10pm and I had him just after midnight at 12:12am.  It seemed to happen so fast this time!  Nolan was the first baby born in December in that hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...