Monday, August 15, 2011

The Big First Day!

Last Thursday we had the big first day of Kindergarten!  Kaylee did great and could not wait to go back.  Mom did really well too.  Only teared up just a little. :) I think it helped that I could go in with her for the fist hour and a half.  I wonder if they do that for the kids or the parents??    It also helped me that the first two days were let out at 1pm for Kindergarten.  She loves how she has her own desk and that she gets to bring her lunch to school.  So far today things are still going well.  It has been strange having her gone but at the same time it has been fun to just have Lexie time.  I get lots of "where is sissy" from Lex, and "are we going to get sissy yet?"  I didn't know what to do after I put Lex down for a nap.  It was so quiet so I figure it was a good time to update my blog.  Better that then cleaning the house or actually getting work done.  :) Today is the first day Kaylee goes until 2:55.  Hopefully Kaylee, and Mom, will adjust quickly and it won't be too long of a day for her.
Here are pictures from the fun first day:




 Love the face Lex!!






Setting her back pack down in line to go play.




She came right in and started coloring at her desk.


Back at home I had two helpers for cupcakes this year!  Ryan got to be home with us all day.





She loved her cupcakes!



 .....actually we all did.  It took about 90 seconds for this to happen. :)

That night she had her special requested dinner of tacos eaten on the red plate and then of course more cupcakes!!  Auntie and Brandon also came over to eat with us.  Last year was also tacos and I wonder how many years that will be the requested dinner??  Seems to be the big favorite right now!  It was a good day. :)  


 This one was taken this morning just because they were cute!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kaylee on your 1st day! Love all the pictures Jen and I am laughing because Tacos has been the choice for K the last 4 years and we are going on 5 when she picked it the other day too! Something special about tacos!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...