Monday, May 23, 2011

Hello Summer, hello stomach virus

Last Friday was Kaylee's last day of 4 year old preschool. I have been very emotional about this lately just thinking how this is it, one chapter is closed and now on to Kindergarten. We have had such a great experience at La Casa and I am sad to think that she will no longer be going back.

Well poor thing almost had to miss her last day of school. Ryan was working and Lex woke up throwing up. At first I was like oh no, Kaylee is going to have to miss her last day of school. Last time Lex had a stomach virus she threw up every 10-15 min for a few hours. If that was the case there would be no way we could make it to drive Kaylee to school. I continued to get Kaylee ready and Lex had not thrown up again so I decided to risk it. Even if Lex and I could not join Kaylee for her last day ice cream party I did not want her to miss it! We made it to school and I called the school office from out front to see if one of the office ladies would come out and walk Kaylee to her class so I would not have to take Lex out of the car. Trish came out and offered to stay at the car with Lex so I would not have to miss dropping Kaylee off on the last day. She said she has been there as a Mom and would not want to take that moment away from me. So of course on the way to class I was thinking about what Trish said and I totally start crying thinking about what I was doing. Such a sap!
On the way home we made it until about 1 min away from our house before Lex threw up again...all over herself and the car seat. Poor baby, and has woken me up every night since throwing up. We are all so ready for her to feel better. I pray she can make it through the night tonight.


Off to the last day of school! She was excited for summer break this year unlike last year she did not want it to end.



It seems like we were just here...



Kaylee's last week was pretty low key with fun activities. Here are some pictures of her fun last week:
Water day was Monday


















After water day some of us went to celebrate at Chick-fil-a



Wednesday she officially graduated preschool and got her Diploma! :)





















Then Friday she had her fun ice cream party where parents and siblings were welcome but unfortunately I have no pictures since Lex and I could not make it. :( Here is something that I remembered from last year that I thought I would share again. A reminder to me to enjoy them each and every day because before you know it they will be off to Kindergarten, then graduating high school, and off to college....I know that is getting carried away but you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Kaylee!!! We are so proud of you. So sorry Lex is sick, no fun and so hard at the end of school. That was a sweet story of the office staff lady helping you, a great memory! Hope lex is feeling better and you all are having a great start to your summer!!!! Miss ya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...