Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wet Oatmeal Kisses

The baby is teething. The children are fighting. Your husband just called and said, "Eat dinner without me". One of these days you'll explode and shout to the kids, "Why don't you grow up and act your age?" And they will. Or, "you guys get outside and find yourselves something to do. And don't slam the door!" And they don't. You'll straighten their bedrooms all neat and tidy, toys displayed on the shelf, hangers in the closet, animals caged. You'll yell, "Now I want it to stay this way!" And it will. You will prepare a perfect dinner with a salad that hasn't had all the olives picked out and a cake with no finger traces in the icing and you'll say, "Now THIS is a meal for company." And you will eat it alone. You'll yell, "I want complete privacy on the phone. No screaming. Do you hear me?" And no one will answer. No more iron-on patches. No more wet, knotted shoelaces, muddy boots or rubber bands for pony tails. Imagine. A lipstick with a point. No baby sitter for New Year's Eve, washing clothes only once a week, no PTA meetings or silly school plays where your child is a tree. No car-pools, blaring stereos or forgotten lunch money. No more Christmas presents made of library paste and toothpicks. No more wet oatmeal kisses. No more tooth fairy. No more giggles in the dark, scraped knees to kiss or sticky fingers to clean. Only a voice asking: "Why don't you grow up" And the silence echos............."I did."


The teachers at Kaylee's school sent this out for the end of the year and it brought tears to my eyes reminding me how quickly they grow up and before I know it my house will always be clean and toys will be put away and gone....and that will be a sad day. :( When the days get tough I just need to remember to enjoy them every step of the way!

Kaylee had her last day of school on Thursday. She was so sad. I had kind of been prepping her for the last day and she just kept saying, "But I like school." Oh honey....just wait until you are older and you will be counting down the days for this day! He he!! :) I did another sign picture. I stole this idea from my friend Tracee and I think it is a fun way to document the first and last day of school. I am sure I will only get away with this up through elementary school but it will be fun memories while I can get them.

I think she looks taller now

Here she is on the first day





At school they celebrated with an ice cream social






Me and Lex got to enjoy some yummy ice cream too!





Good job Kaylee on completing your first year of preschool! You have grown and blossomed so much!

1 comment:

  1. OK...totally crying right now and I needed that for sure. Think it will be printed and put on my bathroom mirror to see each and every morning! Kaylee definitely looks taller too! Oh and love your hair curly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...