Friday, December 10, 2010

Well, at least I was able to make dinner, somehow clean up, and put everyone to bed with no major injuries...

Does anyone else ever have an evening like that where you patients is about out, you are overwhelmed and tired since you are at the end of the day, and the kids seem to be taking over the place. I often feel like that after the days when Ryan has been gone for 2, 3, or 4 plus nights in row. Sometimes just that little help in the evening is all you need! Anyway.....the kids really were not bad tonight....just kind of wild and I think I was on day 3 of no help so I was exhausted.

This is what was surrounding the island tonight while trying to make dinner. Not easy to move quickly when you are stepping on Wikki Stix and paper...but I thought, it is keeping her busy so at least I can make dinner.


My blockage by the fridge.


Kaylee thought the location of Lexie's mess was funny so wanted her picture taken too. With how stressed I seemed at the time I really don't know why I stopped to take pictures. I guess I just had a few minutes before the Lasagna was done.


Then we made it to after dinner. Lex was going crazy and would not stop running a jumping on the couch. I had already told her about 10 times to sit down. Kaylee was making a pillow fort and was getting her all wild..again I thought to myself at least I can clean up. Bad move...the next thing I know she is running across the couch, flies across the shays and keeps going at full speed off the couch, hits the kitchen table chair, and falls onto the tile floor. I scream and drop into the sink whatever I was cleaning and run to her....I was thinking, how much blood was I going to find....broken bones??? Fortunately just lots of tears and a bright red cheek....no blood or broken bones. The cheek must have been the impact spot to the floor or chair. So then five minutes later she was bouncing on the couch again....you would think she would learn. When she started also hitting her sister I thought it is time for a "time out". Her first time out. Of course I can't stay mad. I put her in the corner and told her to sit down and that she is in "time out" for continually hitting her sister and and not stopping jumping on the couch. She looks at me with the cutes face and says "okay mama". She was there for all of 45 seconds and the whole time with a smile on her face was saying "hi mama". Little stinker...I was trying so hard not to laugh. Hey, when we were done at least it stopped the behavior.

Here she is after. Couldn't resist this picture.

Soon this was followed by running on the tile, falling of course, and going teeth first into the tile. I thought for sure I would see blood...loose tooth?? Lucky again. Few....



I had finally finished cleaning up and here everyone is happy again and playing in the pillow fort, Lexies bright red cheek and all.


I was exhausted at this point and everyone was off to get ready for bed. We only fell two more times going to get pj's on....I think she was really tired. And then once after brushing teeth. I was rinsing off the toothbrush when I thought I heard a fall. I asked Kaylee, "did she really just fall AGAIN"! Yup! I was afraid of what would happen next so I grabbed her and into bed she went. I think I need to relax in the big tub!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...