Thursday, October 7, 2010

An Apple kind of Day

.....or week I should say, and still going. :) We took the girls apple picking last Sunday and we kind of got carried away and came home with 20 pounds of apples!! We really did not mean to get that many. We all had a great time and the girls have really been enjoying the apples and all the fun things to make.



Since we went to the farm on the last day they were open for apple picking, most of the apples left were up high so Daddy had to get them. Us girls did not mind since lots of bees like to hang out at the bottom of the trees to eat all the apples on the ground. Us girls are not bee fans. :)


Kaylee's job was to place the apples in the boxes


Lex kept saying "apple, apple" over and over











Of course they had to eat the apples. :)


They are organic so we could eat them right off the tree. Kaylee enjoyed 4 apples, they were small and I helped some, and Lex worked on her one little apple the whole time.





When we got home we enjoyed an Apple and Sausage casserole for dinner and an apple cake served over Vanilla ice cream for Dessert! Yummy!
Kaylee with our huge box of apples. That is after already using some too!


Kaylee helping with the apple cake.
I have also made a big batch of cinnamon and sugar apples and I am about to go make an apple pie! Speaking of which I need to go start right now! Maybe tomorrow will be apple sauce and then I will see what I have left. Like I was saying it is an apple kind of week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...