Thursday, June 17, 2010

Time for a post

I was looking at my blog and realized it has been almost a month since my last post. I figured it was time to update. I guess time goes fast when I am busy enjoying summer time with the kids. I knew I had a few random pictures on my camera and I finally stat down to upload. I had many days where I told myself I need to update my blog tonight, but the night would come and I was either just too tired or wanted to relax, or I would sit down and start reading other peoples blogs and before I knew it it was like 11:30pm and no time to do my own. Does anyone else ever do that? So here is a little of what we have been up to......

cooking....okay, so homemade popsicles but of course we HAD to use the aprons....






......playing dress up...


.......if you can't tell Lex loves when I put necklaces on her....








......then of course parades around the living room for the next few days after Mommy put out all the 4th of July goodies.....




























......then enjoying lots of fun sister time...


...including sharing snacks together...



.....and lots of hugs.....




.....and finally what has been taking up most of our time is swimming....LOTS AND LOTS OF SWIMMING!! We started off at Hubbard and did three weeks of the blitz classes. We loved this place and Kaylee actually got to where she was excited to go to swim class. This is the girl last year who would not leave the step and so fearful of getting her head wet. I had no idea how she was going to act before we started class. The first few days she was almost a little panicky...luckily never full on tears...but as soon as I was able to bribe her into wearing goggles she had a whole new attitude and could not wait to go back. I think the biggest problem was that she just hated the water in her eyes. Yea Hubbard!








Then we ventured over here to the PV pool because unfortunately we could not afford to send her to the other place the entire summer....and I was determine to bombard her with swimming lessons so that she could finally learn to swim. She is loving all her classes and is always excited to go. Yea swimming!



I signed up Lex and I for a parent and child class while Kaylee is in her class so we did not have to sit and wait in the heat. She is really enjoying her class too and being in the water. With Lex being my child that is non stop movement, for the first few days of class she was practically jumping out of my arms just wanting to go go go....way different from Kaylee. I could let go of Kaylee in previous years and she would cling to me for dear life. Lex is finally calming down a little and getting used to the fact that I have to hold on to her, and that she can't just run all over the place like she can out of the water.






















Aunt Amanda came to watch the other day and was very nice to take some pictures of us.



So this morning we just finished our second week of swimming at the PV pool and I counted and when Kaylee is all done she will have completed 11 weeks in a row of swimming. Do you think I am determined to finally have my 4 year old learn to swim??!!
At the PV pool each session goes for 2 weeks. On the last day it is more of a fun day and they have the big water slide on...which Kaylee could not wait to go on this year... and then at the end give each child a treat, progress report, and certificate. Lex even went down the slide with her teacher. I was not sure if that was a good idea at first being so little, but turns out she loved it....should have known....and then wanted to jump out of my arms after that to go again. Go figure! After the next two week session I will try and get their picture. Here are the girls below holding their certificates.


2 comments:

  1. YAY Kaylee we can't wait to have you over to swim in our pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for swimming!!! Good job Kaylee. Delaney is currently at Hubbard and she LOVES it. Great starter school.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...