Saturday, September 10, 2016

First Day of School 2016!



On Friday we had the kickoff for our first day of school!  I say first day loosely because it was more about the donuts and the pictures.  :)  I had heard that when homeschooling it is better to have your "first day" not on your actual first day.  This way you can do all the fun stuff, do a "sort of" walk through your schedule, get any curriculum set up on the computer, or go through any books and school supplies, and be OK that you really aren't going to get any school done.  Ever since back when the kids were "going" to school I have always liked to make the first day a red plate BIG deal.  I like the special requested breakfast, usually that I would make, sign pictures, welcome home cupcakes, and a special requested dinner.  Well, with Ryan gone so much this summer and still feeling like life is CRAZY with 4, it turned into store bought donuts, cinnamon rolls,  bacon, Kaylee making the first day cupcakes, and I honestly can't even remember what we had for dinner.  I will probably do the requested dinner of tacos, that seems to never change, on Monday.  The kids were totally fine with all this and so was I!  We will have our actual REAL first day on Monday.  I did finally finish up our schedule so we should be good to go!




This year we have a 5th Grader.....



a second grader......



a preschooler.......



and a really cute baby!








Seriously don't know how I have a 5th grader!!

Or a second grader for that matter!



Or a preschooler...seriously where did the time go!  Wasn't he just my baby.  Waaaaa!





Hello Preschool


Hello 2nd Grade


Hello 5th Grade


Hello Cute Baby




Kaylee making our first day of school cupcakes!  I remember making those for her when she was at 3's preschool to welcome her home on the first day and the tradition has stuck ever since!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...