Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Red Plate Kind of Dinner

I love pulling out the Red Plate for birthdays, but also when the kids do something special or have a special achievement.  Alexa can now say that she can officially tie her shoes or a bow.  I know it seems kind of late, as in she is 7 in April, but that is not from her fault.  It is one of those things I have thought about many times, thinking to myself I really need to teach her, and then life is busy and it just never happened.  Also living in AZ she wears flip flops about 90% of the time and the rest of the time she is in boots that she just slips on so the need of tying her shoes has not been there.  Well, two nights ago after bath, and we were playing on the floor with Nathan, I finally said to her to go get one of my shoes and lets learn to tie a bow.  I thought this would be the first of many lessons and a long process.   We worked on it for about 5 min and she kind of got it, did it a few times, but I still thought we would just have to work on it a little each day.  Of course the next day I totally forgot and I remembered earlier today to ask her if she had practiced and she surprisingly said yes and she had already tied Sarah's shoes today, her doll, who  has very small shoe laces and hard to tie.  Wow, great I said, then she also brought me her shoes and showed me how she tied it.  Pretty good Lex for a 5 minute lesson!  I guess if you just wait long enough they get it easy!  If only potty training would go that easy for Nolan.....but that is a whole other blog post in itself.  :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...