Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Nathan 5 Months!




On the 11th Nathan turned 5 months!  Suddenly that is seeming so much older.  Can't believe we are almost to the half year mark.  Like always time seems to go so fast.  No Dr appointment this month to find out his weight so we will have to wait until 6 months.  Here is what Nathan is up to right now:


He is finally sleeping through the night again.  At 4 months when we transitioned him to the pack n play at the end of our bed he was not very happy.  Our kids just really like that movement of the glider or swing and Nathan seemed to be a hard transition.  He would fuss a lot through the night and that meant not much sleep for Mama and Daddy. That boy did not seem to get the "cry it out".....because boy he would just "cry and cry" and forgot the "out" part!   I knew he was too big for his glider at that point so we just had to power through it.  It took a good 2 weeks before he was finally used to it and would not cry if he woke up at night or when I first put him down.  We are so thankful that he seems to be adjusted and sleeping again.  
Another milestone he just had yesterday is he finally took his first real nap not in the swing.  I say real nap because back at 4 months when we were first trying to transition him to the pack n play I was putting him in his crib a few times for nap to try it out and he just screamed and screamed.  If he finally did fall asleep he would wake up after about 20 min screaming.  Then a few times if I got him to sleep first and put him down he would wake up screaming after about 5-10 min.  Well, mama needs nap time to get stuff done so I figured I would put him back in the swing until he was sleeping well through the night again and fully adjusted to not moving.  Then we would try the crib at a later time.  He went back to napping in the swing, but was getting to where he would wake up all the time in the swing too.  He just seemed to be getting uncomfortable in there.  Well, yesterday we tried the pack n play and he was even awake when I put him down.  He didn't fuss at all and was asleep in about 5-10 min and slept for almost 2 hours.  He did the same thing again today.  Yea for sleep!

Nathan now rolls over easy both ways and prefers to sleep on his stomach.  He started doing that soon after we put him in the pack n play and once they can roll their is not much I can do to keep him off his stomach at night.

No teeth yet but his mouth really seems to bother him and is sore.  He wants to chew on everything and he is drooling like crazy.  I keep wondering if teeth are going to pop through.  The Dr at 4 months said his gums were swollen so I keep thinking it will be soon.  

Nathan loves to smile and he is just such a sweetie.  Loves right now to make little raspberry sounds back to me.  It is so cute seeing him work so hard to make the noise.

Still does not take a bottle and not always the best nurser either.  Sometimes he is just not as hungry.  He definitely eats but I was just used to Nolan eating every 2-3 hours and eating a lot.  Could be that Nathan is just not in a growth spurt right now.  I am hoping at 6 months we will still see a good weight gain.  I have recently tried to bring back stuff with tomatoes or corn in it in my diet.  He was a little more fussy with it at first but has somewhat adjusted.  I say somewhat because still can tell his stomach gets pretty gassy and uncomfortable sometimes. I tried bringing wheat back in and he was worse with that so I figure I will wait until after 6 or 7 months to try that again.  I was just desperate to get something else back in my diet after 5 months.  

Loves to have floor time to play with his toys and will swivel around on his tummy.  I can tell he is wanting to start to move.  Also loves his jumper and when any of his siblings come to visit and play with him.  All the kids, even Nolan are so good with him!

Here is our little cutie at 5 months!








5 months always seems to be the month they finally notice and want to grab at the sign.

This one cracked me up!  He is so stinking cute!  Ryan and I don't remember any of the other kids grabbing their feet like this.  Nathan loves to grab his toes and it was so funny that he busted this out for the pictures!  










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...