Saturday, April 12, 2014

15-16 Months Old!

I say 15-16 month old because Nolan is now 16 months old as of April 1, but I had intended to do this post since he was 15 months old.  Running a little behind I think??  Probably could figure that out since I have not posted anything since Christmas pics.  :)  Not totally my fault but it is so easy to get busy and out of the habit.  Pretty much for the last 4 months my computer had become impossible to use.  It had gotten so slow and sluggish and would literally take me almost an hour just to get in to the blog, the Internet, or anything.  Then it would take even longer to navigate around to do the post and I just did not have that kind of time.  If you remember when my computer crashed two summers ago we never got a new one, just the hard drive replaced.  The guy warned us that we would probably only get about 2 years with it and to just get a Mac.  Well, he was right, it would have been two years this summer.  Luckily it did not totally crash again, and we did not loose anything.  I had had it and we finally got something new that works wonderful!!!  It is like a dream come true.  Makes me realize how bad and sluggish my computer had gotten.  We got a new one in March but then it was spring break, then planning Alexa's party, and so here we are!  About a month and a half of intending to do this post.
At this point my brain is all over the place and I am sure I will forget just about everything.  I remember so many times in the last few months of things Nolan was doing and thinking I need to write that down but with busy life it did not happen.  Of course things he was doing at the beginning of 15 months have totally changed or evolved since then.  I will still try and remember to write it down here.  I will also try to find some of the pictures to help jog my memory but warning, they may be all over the place.  I have all my pics on this computer now but finding all the ones from my phone, Ryan's phone, and my camera might be hard.  :)



At his 15 month appointment:
weight: 26 lbs, 2.5 oz 89%
Height: 33in 96%
Head: 49cm 95%

Just yesterday we got Nolan to stand on our bathroom scale and it was 27lbs!  He is a big boy!

Words Nolan is saying:
Mama- Finally he says Mama just as much as Dada!  I have never had one of my kids say it so late.  Before he said Mama sometimes but usually me and most everything else was always Dada!
Dada
Ess you (his version of excuse you).  So cute and I never worked with him on this.  He just started saying it to anyone who burped, sneezed, tooted etc.
What's that
This
Dog
Nana
Wa wa- for water or milk
Baby- does not sound exactly like baby but I get the idea
A za za- for Alexa- this is so cute and only in the last week
Sissy- I think that is for Kaylee?
Elsa- Yes, sad when he can say Elsa and not Kaylee.  I think we have played the Frozen sound track a little too much in the car.  He knows it is coming on song 2 and will shout out Elsa right before it starts!
Au Oh- Says this whenever he drops something or is going to drop something :)
We have also heard him say Memaw once before!

I am sure there is more words I am forgetting but I will add if I remember.

Mostly to one nap at this point.  Some days or if he is sick I can still get 2 but it was getting to the point that he was fighting it.  Some days I miss the two naps and other days with the crazy drop off pick up schedule and running errands 1 is easier.

In March he actually had the flu.  He had been battling high fevers up to 104.1, scary and when we brought him in he tested positive.  That is even with a flu shot.  Luckily once on Tamiflu it made him better in 3 days.

His favorite books right now are still Baby faces, Elmo Loves You, Mirror me, 10 Little Ladybugs, Baby Cakes, and So Big!

Loves his Veggie Tales CD in the car.  He has a few favorites that he gets so excited when he hears them will start dancing in his seat!

Loves to try and play with the trash can.  He always wants to open the lid and see what is inside.  We are working on that one and an all day battle to try and keep him out.

Has the 4 middle teeth on top and bottom and then all 4 molars.  I think those eye teeth will be here soon because he has been a drooling mess again and has started fighting me with brushing his teeth.  I think his gums are sore.

Makes this face whenever he hears a loud car, plane, garbage truck, etc.   So glad Ryan finally caught it on camera!


And then a few days later Ryan caught the face with the garbage truck.  Cracks me up!  Loved how Ryan joined in!






The boy can sure eat!  I have to say that in the last two months he has slowed his speed down a little, which is a good thing.  He would just shovel it in so fast I am sure he could hardly taste it or chew it. Has also started to become a little more picky with food then he used to be.  Before he ate most anything with the exception of about 3 things but now he has added more to that list.  Sometimes though if I just let him sit a little longer in his high chair he will give up and just eat it anyway....especially if trying to feed it to the dog is taking too long.  Also he is doing great with eating anything dairy!


Trying to work on using a spoon!


Nolan loves to throw things, hit on things and make noise, non stop movement....all boy!!  I often find him doing this pose.  Not sure why, maybe trying to stand on his head, or likes the view?!?!




Here are just some more of Nolan in the last month!

dressed out in his fire gear!




Loves to check out what is cooking in the oven.  I always turn the light on for him.  :)  Still loves to  "help" with the dishwasher when I am unloading or loading it too.  Just did not have a recent pic.

Hanging out with Sissy and A za za

Loves his bath and has gotten very good at splashing and soaking mama and the bathroom!









Sweet baby guy!

Love you so much little guy and love having a little boy!!  Can't believe you are so close to the 18 month mark already!  Like I said, I am sure I am forgetting so much so I may be adding to this post.  I will also now try to go back and get caught up with everything now that I have a computer that works better.  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...