Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First Day for a 3's Preschooler!

So I really don't know how we got here!?!?  I still remember bringing Kaylee to start this school when Alexa was 4 months old!!  In my mind I should be bringing Kaylee here, not Alexa!  I know it is a great school and will be really good for her, but I did not like the idea of my baby going to preschool.  I tell myself at least it is only two days a week for 2.5 hours at a time so she is still home with me a lot. :)  I held up pretty good until after we dropped her off and were walking back to the parking lot.  Then the tears started coming realizing what we just did.  Of course that is when Ryan saw a coworker in the parking lot and I am being introduced to him and his wife as a blubbering mess.  I guess it forced me to stop crying. :)  So here is how her first day went:

We also started the night before with this book:


I checked her backpack and realized that Lex had already packed all the necessities!
 
 


Lex was so excited to have her own sign....just like Kaylee did!


Her requested back to school breakfast of pancakes!
 
August 21, 2012


 
 


 
 
 
 


Putting her backpack in her cubby.

Off to wash her hands

Preschool is normally only 2.5 hours for Lex but the first day it was only an hour for the 3's.  Hardly enough time to go home.  So we went here and I was a nervous wreck the whole time.  I was so worried about how she was doing. 

The happy girl after school to have her own first day of school cupcakes....purple of course!  I have to say it is way more fun to have a buddy when making back to school cupcakes....next year. :)

 
Enjoying her cupcakes!  And of course she was so excited to pick her favorite dinner to eat on the read plate....crock pot mac n cheese!
 
So Lex actually started off pretty good.  She was really excited to start school.  Did pretty well the first few days....slight hesitation, but expected that from her.....still get that dropping her off at church every Sunday.  Then the next week came and she really did not want to go.  No horrible crying dropping her off but just not wanting to be there.  Said she was just scared to be there without me....poor thing.  The teachers also said she would just not respond to anyone, or them in class.  I talked with the teachers and they said they would just try giving her some extra TLC.  I really figured she was just scared and it was just going to take her some extra time to get adjusted.  So that went on for about another week and then she started to get a little better.  I still get the slight hesitation at the door, but after comes out really happy and the teachers also said she is doing better in class.  More and more she is telling me about songs they are singing, crafts they have done, or just little bits about her day.  So it is just going to be an adjustment period with her but after almost a month she is really coming around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...