Monday, September 10, 2012

1st Day of 1st Grade!

We started the night before reading the book:

Last year we had the Night Before Kindergarten and this year Memaw bought the girls the books.  These books are fun.  A few years ago I started buying the girls these books for all the holidays since the original Christmas one is of course such a big hit.  They also have one for the tooth fairy too!
 
 Then I went to pack Kaylee's lunch and Lex had beaten me to it!  Thanks Lex!

We made it to the big day!  Kaylee was very ready to go back and was so excited.  This girl really seems to like school.  I hope that always lasts.  She loved the idea of going to a brand new school and I think she had me drive by it like most EVERY day during the summer.  I should rephrase that....every day we drive by it anyway...can see it from the street...but she actually had me drive into both parking lots to try and get a glimpse of the playground or anything she could. ;) Mom on the other hand was not ready and like having the girls home for summer.  :(  I really should just be happy that she is not scared about going or dreading it.
 
 Her fun sign!

Back to school breakfast...she wanted blueberry muffins and eggs.



 

August 8, 2012
 





We walked to school the first morning with our neighbors because we figured first day parking would be crazy....it was a LITTLE hot but we made it.  Kaylee and Tyler are in the same class again this year.




Tyler, Blake (our other neighbor), and Kaylee

Catching up with the girls from Kindergarten!

 
Back at home Lex and I got busy:
 
 
 
 Welcome Home!


 
Great job Kaylee!  We are so glad you are loving school and we know you will do great this year and learn a lot!  You have already grown so much with your reading and writing just in the last month.  I pray your love for it continues throughout the year!  Then to finish off the night she got her requested dinner of choice.....tacos! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...