Monday, August 6, 2012

Are we on vacation?!?!

That is the question Ryan and I jokingly asked each other all day on 4th of July.  I don't know who's weather we stole that day but it surely was not ours!  I have lived here my whole life and I don't think we ever had a 4th of July, or day in July for that matter, as nice as this one.  Sometimes a storm will bring a brief cool down from the wind or rain but it is usually very short lived and an hour or so later it is just hot and humid.  Well not this day.  I think the highest the temp got was about 80 and most the day was in the mid 70's.  Something you really notice and appreciate when most days in July are around 105-110.  We had a nice day as a family and just enjoyed the weather.  The only set plans we had were in the evening.

The girls started off the day with a game of Pretty Pretty Princess in the bathroom.  Not the best picture but I laughed when I saw this.  I mean who doesn't start off their day with a game in the bathroom!?

We always put little flags out front.


 This year was extra nice putting them out in the rain!




Making our flag cake!

The helpers....or eaters!

I love how the windows in our house were actually open!


Fun lunch for the girls!

We were trying to think of stuff to do outside so we took the girls to the splash pad.  Ryan and I just soaked up the cool weather.  It was so nice and not crowded.


In the evening at our BBQ.




Lex was all about the sparklers this year.  First year she wanted to hold one.  Kaylee still would not come within 15ft of them! :)

Everyone at our BBQ went to watch fireworks.  Great show!  They were going off right next to Kaylee's old school. 

Kind of dark but loved this one with the American flag.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...