Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer

I seriously can't believe it is July 1!  I so don't like the fact that it means summer is already half over.  I am not one of those Moms, well at least not yet, that looks forward to the kids going back to school.  I would rather all be off for break. :)  Unfortunately, with Ryan being in paramedic school until Dec, that meant no family vacation this year.  So the girls and I have just been finding fun things to do around here and keep busy.  Here is some of what we have been up to in pictures for the last month:

The girls have been doing the summer reading program at the library.  Here they are coloring their star to put on the wall:

Showing off a few of their prizes


Just being able to nap where ever you want!  Naps for Lex are actually very hard to come by right now, but Mommy sure enjoys them right now...when I can. :)

Kaylee did VBS and here she is with her two crew leaders:

The girls love going to play at the splash pad:

I have to say this is a horrible group shot but it made me laugh because absolutely no one is looking.  Usually at least a few of them are looking at the camera!  I think the sun was just a little bright!

We have been doing the Harkins summer movie every Friday morning:

Monday and Wednesdays found us at swim class:
 Kaylee is doing great this year and really confident in the water

The pool has one of those beach entries and was great for me and Lex while we were waiting

And this is a common afternoon site in our house.  Nothing better then cold smoothies in the summer, especially when you are pregnant and not much sounds good!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect summer in our books! Lots of stuff looks very familiar! Even over here in TX. Especially those delicious smoothies, our favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...