Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Lex!!!

Dear Alexa,


I can't believe my sweet little baby is now 2!! I really don't know where the last 2 years have gone. Your fun little spirit has added so much joy and laughter to our house. I am so thankful that God sent you to be with our family. Being "2", just in the last week, has definitely brought on a new chapter with everything "I", or "my do it", stretching your limits, and we love you through it tantrums and all!! (This is something we did not experience so much with big sis at 2). We pray that you continue to grow healthy and strong and we love you so much!!

For Alexa's Birthday last Saturday we had a nice low key day. It turned out to be a very cold rainy day so our plans of going to play in the fountains or the train park did not work out. Instead we started off with a yummy blueberry pancake breakfast and then after got ready and took the girls to play in the bookstore and grab some lunch. After lunch it was naps and then my Mom, sister, and Brandon( my sister's new boyfriend!!!) came over for a little party and dinner. It was a great day just hanging out with family and celebrating our Lex!


She woke up to her fun balloons!



and more balloons to play with!








Her yummy breakfast!


Of course we had to start off singing "Happy Birthday"! We did that many times that day, and started doing that about a week before, and still at bedtime we are getting "Happy Birthday" requests!






She was determined that morning to not give me a smile and I was determined to keep trying all day! :)





I got a big smile from Kaylee. She loved the breakfast too!

Lex loved her balloons! She had also been talking about those pre-birthday. She said she wanted yellow boons. She liked it so much that before getting out of her chair after breakfast she said, "I kiss it" and gave it a big kiss! So sweet!!


All decked out in her birthday gear! At least here she was giving me a happy face even if she was not going to show any teeth!









Then it was off to play in the bookstore. My girls love doing that!




Here are the Birthday girl and Daddy at lunch


1 comment:

  1. Love her little birthday outfit so CUTE! We love birthday balloons, I seriously think my kids would be lost without them on bday mornings too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...