Tuesday, July 14, 2009

3 Months Old!

Our sweet little Alexa is now 3 months old! Poor thing is such such a drool queen right now. I had her in her outfit for 5 minutes and it is already soaking wet! Here she is with her 3 month sign.







When we took Alexa to her two month appointment the Doctor said by three months we need to try and have her sleeping flat on her back at night. Well, Alexa has not liked to sleep flat since the moment she came out. I remember in the hospital she would not sleep unless we held her. That is fine but eventually we needed to sleep too! I remember it was four days before I finally slept in the beginning. Any way, soon we got her to start sleeping in her little vibrating chair at night, and once she got to about a month and a half we started bringing the swing upstairs every night just so we could sleep. Even in her vibrating chair she would only go 2 to 3 hours and we were getting desperate. It was heaven with the swing. She started going between 6 to 8 hours at night. As 12 weeks was approaching I new I had to get her used to sleeping in her cradle. We would always try during the day and never fail we would get her asleep, put her down, and within 15 minutes she would wake up. I think the girl just likes motion! I finally decided I just had to put her in her cradle at night at 12 weeks........and it really has not gone very well. We are getting longer then 15 minutes....thank God....but we are only getting 2 to 4 hours at a time. Oh how I feel like we are back to the beginning. For the first few nights in her cradle she teased me and only got up once. Then after that she has been consistently getting up 2 to 3 times a night. Uggg! After about two weeks of that it is really starting to wear on me and I am feeling the sleep deprivation......again. I really think a lot of it now is that she just gets too hungry and wakes up. She will usually go right back to sleep after she eats. I keep thinking....can I really handle another month of this before we start talking about cereal at the four month appointment???? I was so spoiled with Kaylee. She slept at least 7 to 8 hours every night consistently starting at 2 to 2 1/2 months. I was always worried the second one wouldn't be so easy!
Every night when Alexa wakes up and I go to get her, she as the biggest smile on her face and her whole body just wiggles with excitement when she sees me. I think that is her defence mechanism......Ryan and I always say "good thing you are so cute"!!!

At three months of age here is what Alexa is doing:

- She is so into her mouth and tongue. She loves to stick her hand in her mouth....sometimes so far and it makes her gag..poor thing. She loves sticking her tongue out and also making raspberry sounds. She also loves it when we do it back!

-She is drooling like crazy. Her little outfits always get so wet.

-She loves making little cooing sounds and will try and mimic the sounds we are making. We will just sit and talk and make raspberry sounds at each other all day!

-She loves to smile and her little body will just wiggle with excitement when she sees us.

-She is starting to not be as fussy in the evening hours. Both girls were colicky, usually mostly in the early evening, but that is starting to go away. I think with Kaylee it started to go away at around 3 months. I hate seeing her get so upset.

-Still loves her swing. It is her napping spot of choice other then us holding her. :)

-Still loves to eat and is so cute and chunky!!


Alexa is such a sweet baby and I feel so lucky to be at home with her to experience each one of these stages. At this point with Kaylee I was back to work and I feel like I missed so much in the beginning. It still makes me sad when I think about it. :(

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! I finally remembered to look at your blog. Great pics---you really have such adorable little girls :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...