Friday, March 18, 2016

9 Months Old!


Our little Nathan turned 9 months old on the 11th!  I feel like that is getting really close to the 1 year mark, yikes!  I need to just soak up the rest of his baby year while I can because before I know it that season will pass.  :(  Here is what Nathan is up to right now:


~ Still crawling really fast all over the place.  He is just busy, busy, busy exploring the world around him and into everything!  Will pull up on most anything now.  Only still taking a few steps once he is up but then will just go back down to crawl to get to where he wants to go.  Has not mastered walking very fast holding on to things yet.  I'm sure it is close!

~  Taking food really slow.  Still just has 3 safe foods right now- quinoa, bananas, and pears.  Just started a new pro biotic with him 5 days ago and seems to be keeping it in so far.  I am hoping this will help to strengthen his gut to start trying new foods.  Was going to start it a few weeks back but he got a yucky cold and cough for about a week and a half so I was just waiting until he was all back at baseline to try anything new.  If the pro biotic passes then we will start food trials. 

~  Still just has the two bottom teeth but his top 4 look like they are ready to pop through any day.

~  Doing great in his crib in what is now called the boys room.  Nolan on the other hand has had a difficult time not waking him up in the morning or being to loud when it is bedtime.  :)  Nathan doesn't seem to mind and seems to love being in there with his brother.  They both think it is great!  Mommy and Daddy wish Nolan would let the poor baby sleep but usually they calm down pretty quick and in the morning usually Nolan lets him sleep until about 7:30-8.  I still wake Nathan up about 6:30-6:45 to feed him in the morning and then put him back down.  Not because he can't make it but to keep on the school schedule I need to get a feeding in to I can feed him one more time about 9:30 before we start our day.  Sometimes lately Nathan is the one that does not want to go back to sleep after his feeding and is the one to wake up Nolan!  Would probably be better if they had their own room right now but we are just making the best of it.  As soon as Nathan gets a few more foods he can eat I will cut out that early feeding and just wake him in time for breakfast at 8.  

~ Loves his baby faces books!  He just lights up with excitement when I read them to him.  His favorite toys to carry around right now are his little plastic yellow bat and his green frying pan. 

~  Loves when we look at the baby in the mirror!

~ Love when he lets me snuggle with him to rock him.  Sometimes he is just such a wiggle worm and won't hold still but he has let me rock him a little more lately.  Just soaking it up!

~  Gave his first wave all on his own a few weeks ago and we are starting to work on high 5's. 

~  Loves to smile for the camera.  Usually when I bring it out he is happy to give me the biggest smile.  Love that little boy!   

~  When he is crawling and maybe we left the gate open to the hall, or is going somewhere he is usually blocked off from going, he gets this really loud giggle/ almost growl sound.  Super cute! He gets so excited and starts going all fast.  I want to try and get that on video.  :)
   
~ Gave himself his first black eye....actually a first for any of my kids to do.  He was pulling up on Nolan's Mickey Mouse Club house and fell into it...ouch!  You can kind of see the bruise under his eye in the pictures below.  Goes nice with the bruise on the other cheek from falling into the piano bench.  Poor guy has been face planting it a lot lately.  I think it was worse when he was sick.  

~  Just got transitioned out of his baby carrier today and now in his big boy car seat.  Was just getting too heavy to carry.

~ Here are his stats from his 9 month appointment:
Height: 27.5 - 17%
Weight: 18lbs 10oz- 32%
Head: 44.5cm- 35%
My smallest baby so far at this age.  I'm sure his limited diet and with how active he is makes his stats a little lower.  


Here are his 9 month pictures.  He has actually been the easiest to photograph so far and will hold still better then the last two.  Anytime the camera comes out he will often hold still and give me the best smile that will brighten up your day.  :)  Usually the other kiddos with their month pictures wanted to fly off the couch and immediately destroy the sign.  He was actually happy to smile and let me take a few pictures before the grabbed the sign.  So nice of him!






















I'll share daddy!


Loves his Kaylee!


Favorite yellow bat


Favorite yellow frying pan


banana finger food!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...