Saturday, October 24, 2015

4 Months!





Nathan turned 4 months on the 11th!  I am a little late posting this because life is just a little busy right now and the days get away from me.  ;)  Crazy with homeschooling and nursing a baby the days go so fast just keeping up with the schedule.  


Our little Nathan is so sweet and the cutest little guy!  I am sure we are not biased or anything!  I love the age right now as he is developing his own little personality.  He no longer just sits there but wants to roll everywhere, grab everything, and smile!  It is funny how right before 3 months I think I posted how he was rolling from his front to his back.  That lasted a few days and then stopped.  He started to get frustrated and stuck again.  As we got to four months he started rolling from his back to his stomach.  Totally opposite of Nolan but I looked and that is what Alexa did.  He would roll to his stomach and then get stuck.  He is just now starting to be able to roll from his stomach to his back again.  Not all the time but we are getting there.  When he is on his stomach he is already trying to move forward.  More just turns in a circle but I can tell he wants to go.  I remember Alexa was able to scoot on her tummy at 5 months so Nathan might do the same.  His mouth has really been bothering him lately, the Dr even said his bottom gums are really swollen.  I wonder if teeth are coming soon.  Seems kind of early but I know it can still take time for them to pop through.  He wants to put everything in his mouth right now.  He has gotten good at grabbing onto things too.  Loves to smile at anyone and is just so sweet in spite of his often gassy tummy.  You would think he would cry more because I can tell he is uncomfortable a lot of the time.  Loves getting attention from his siblings and they are all so good and sweet with him.  Even Nolan loves to help bring him his binky if he gets upset.  
Still having to struggle through the crazy elimination diet with him.  Still can't eat dairy, soy, wheat, any sort of tomato products including sauces that have tomatoes, corn of any sort, avocado.  Dairy and soy are the biggest issues which can cause the blood.  Wheat and the others just make him fussy and not want to nurse.  Really hoping some of that stuff will get better in the next month.  Becoming really hard to find stuff to eat and very frustrating eating the same things all the time.  Makes the diet with Nolan seem so easy.  Would love to just get back there.  Other then that he is a happy baby as long as I hardly eat.  Oh the stuff we do for our kids!
Was sleeping great through the night until 4 months.  We had him in his glider until then.  He was getting way to big for it and we needed to transfer him to the pack in play.  Will eventually go into his crib in the boys room, they are going to be sharing, but I am not ready to have them in there together yet.  So for now he is at the end of our bed in the pack in play.  He has not liked this transition and probably my hardest yet for resisting sleeping flat.  Even Alexa who came out needing to be in motion went into the crib at 4 months.  We are now about on day 12 since transitioning him and last night was the best yet so far.  The first few nights we were up most the night....even tried the cry it out but he still went all night long.  We had a few partial nights of pack n play and then to the glider but for the most part we are trying to get him used to the pack n play.  Even if I got him to sleep before I put him down he would wake right up.  A few nights ago he got to where at least by 12-12:30 he would finally settle down for the night.  It's almost like we were getting the evening colic or witching hour all over again even though we had moved passed that.  I remember one of the moms from the girls Girl Scout troop telling me about Mommy Bliss gripe water.  I think we had tried a gripe water with Kaylee and it really did not work but I thought we would give it a try with Nathan because his stomach is usually pretty gassy anyway especially if I am trying to find something else I can eat.  It could be coincidence but after I nursed him last night we gave him the gripe water and when I put him down he did not scream even though he was in his pack n play.  He actually went to sleep and did not wake until about 6.  I hope this helped settle the colic and gassy tummy.  We will see tonight if it was a fluke or if it is really helping.   
Still eats at roughly 6am 9, 12, 4, 7 and 9-9:30pm for the last feeding of the night.  Naps were also not going well during the whole sleep transition, or even a little before that....started calling him no nap Nathan, but now they have been going a little better for the last week.  I was trying to have him nap in his crib but he was not having it.  He would just scream.  I know with Alexa and Nolan the crib naps came a little later.  I need his nap time so I put him back in the swing for now and it has been much better.  We will tackle crib napping when we are adjusted to sleeping flat at night.  Baby steps!  
So I have been more tired this month with back to the lack of sleep but hopefully we are turning over a new leaf as he is getting used to his pack n play.

Here are Nathan's 4 month pictures:






















Sweet Brothers:







Nathan and Kaylee

 Starting to do a little better in his pack n play







Here are Nathan's stats from his 4 month appointment.  Nolan has him beat at 4 months but Nathan had Nolan beat at 2 months!

Height: 25 in 38%

Weight: 16lbs, 15oz 77%

Head: 43cm 85%


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...