Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A red plate kind of weekend

Usually the red plate comes out at our house for Birthdays, but also when the girls do something that is a BIG DEAL, to honor their special day.  This weekend we had a red plate day two days in a row.  Lexie has pretty much been day potty trained since mid December.  In the beginning of December, during all the Christmas hoopla, she decided she was ready so we went with it!  She usually stays dry and does not have many accidents unless it comes to going poop in the potty.  In early December she pooped once in the potty when it was all new and for some reason it totally freaked her out.  I tried every bribe in the book and could not get that girl to poop in the potty again.  I got tired of changing poopy underwear so I figured she will just have to stay in a pull up until she is ready.  I thought that would totally ruin the potty training we had done so far, but she still was very good about going pee in the potty with very few accidents.  Well, on Sunday afternoon she did it!  I couldn't believe when she cried out "I went poopy!"  It was totally unexpected.  Ryan, Kaylee, and I all ran in and gave her the biggest cheers!  She was so proud of herself and said, "it's not scary".  Now I hope we can keep it up.  So for her BIG DEAL that day she got the red plate at dinner.

 
Lexie got her accomplishment documented on the chalk board that day compliments of Daddy

The next BIG DEAL was done by Kaylee on Monday afternoon.  Ryan had been working with Kaylee to ride her bike without training wheels for what seemed like months.  She was always just so scared.  Since she was five she kept saying she would do it when she was 6.  Ryan is so good and patient and would just keep working with her every few days even though they did not usually get anywhere.  Yesterday afternoon Ryan comes inside and said to come outside because Kaylee was getting really close.  So I go outside and Kaylee wasn't just close she was doing it!  I was so proud that tears came to my eyes! One of those moments when your heart feels so full!  I knew how hard this was for her because she had been so scared and I was so proud of her for overcoming her fear.  So of course I run back inside to grab my camera to document the moment.

Kaylee has been getting way to big for this bike but I figured we would hold off on getting a bigger one until she learned to ride without training wheels.  I think it is time for a bigger bike now!



And here is Kaylee's sign on the chalkboard to honor her BIG DEAL.  She also got to use the red plate for dinner that night.

Yea to both my girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...