Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Parade

Bright and early before leaving for the parade.......well at least for us. I think it was a little after 7 when I took these first pictures. We are so not morning people and I am blessed with now two kids that will sleep in late. Lex and Kaylee will both usually sleep until about 8:30am. This morning and the morning after the parade I was blessed with 9:30! Anyway, that made it difficult to make it to a 9am parade in Prescott. We should have probably left the house by 7 but I knew that would never happen so we set a goal for 7:30. I think we only left 15 min behind schedule. Pretty good for us as that hour!







Had to take time to get pictures of the girls before leaving!








All ready to go! Memaw came along for the fun!


We made it! The first thing Kaylee wanted after getting settled was a treat!


watching the parade





Since we pulled into Prescott right at 9am when it was starting, we always get the same spot in the sun that no one wants. Little do those people know that about half way through the parade it becomes shaded. :)



Such excitement!


Our "sunny" family picture sporting our Old Navy flag shirts.


Silly Daddy!
Ahhh...we made it to shade!





Kaylee and Memaw





We tried again to get a "shady" family picture! Of course it is not possible to get everyone to look. :)


After the parade we always grab some lunch and look around in some of the inside and outside shops. Lex was so tired she was out! Too bad it only lasted for 10 min and then was up running around again. That girl can sure just go!


This is one of my favorite times of the day. After eating and shopping, and before ice cream, we always find a shady spot in the grass by the courthouse and just enjoy the wonderfully cool weather.


Ryan just wanted to take a nap. So we were trying to get the girls to possibly lay down too....
.....but they had other plans.


Needless to say Ryan did not get much rest with giggling girls crawling all over him. :)
I had to get one more toe picture to include Lex's feet since this was her first painted toes!







Memaw and Kaylee after getting ice cream and before heading home.

After we got in the car and before going home I always make Ryan drive down my most favorite street! It is all lined with Victorian houses built in the late 1800's/early 1900's. I have him go super slow a few times up and back so I can dream of only having a house like that someday. Most of them are all in great condition and their porches decorated with flags for the holiday. I always say someday I will live on that street!!
After I was done dreaming, and we got on the road, I looked back not two minutes later and this is what I saw.....
I think we wore them out!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day!!!

    I am jealous your girls sleep in!!! Delaney is up and ready to go between 6 and 6:30 AM.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...